Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 5.2 not starting on Arch Linux

Vinod Kumar

As reported by our users Enpass 5.2 on Arch Linux is crashing on start. This is due to change in which we prefer to use system bundled version of OpenSSL instead of our own. But OpenSSL installation in archlinux is missing a required function. Please execute following command use bundled version of OpenSSL instead.

$ ln  <your-enpass-install-dir>/libs/libssl.so.1.0.0 <your-enpass-install-dir>/libs/libssl.so

• Like 1

Very well works perfect!

I was beginning to worry :P

Error mensajes(Description to GOOGLE BOT, please ignore it):
./Enpass: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Multimedia.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

or
./Enpass: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5WebSockets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

On 26.4.2016 at 3:20 PM, Vinod Kumar said:

As reported by our users Enpass 5.2 on Arch Linux is crashing on start. This is due to change in which we prefer to use system bundled version of OpenSSL instead of our own. But OpenSSL installation in archlinux is missing a required function. Please execute following command use bundled version of OpenSSL instead.

$ ln  <your-enpass-install-dir>/libs/libssl.so.1.0.0 <your-enpass-install-dir>/libs/libssl.so

I'm running Gentoo Linux and Enpass didn't start anymore after updating to version 5.2. Error message was

Enpass: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libssl.so: undefined symbol: EVP_idea_cbc

Creating the link to libssl.so fixed the problem for me. I'm using openssl-1.0.2g.

7 minutes ago, Vinod Kumar said:

@Plonqor OpenSSL on these systems is not compiled with necessary flag to include ciphers required by SQLCipher/Enpass, hence this error. Anyway we are releasing an update that will use bundled version of OpenSSL instead of system one.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Enpass 5.2.1.1-1.
It doesn't run and exit without any error, just Exit 1
I linked libssl.so as told but no changes so far.
My libssl.so is in a folder lib and not libs, is this a problem?

Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, Hikarou said:

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Enpass 5.2.1.1-1.
It doesn't run and exit without any error, just Exit 1
I linked libssl.so as told but no changes so far.
My libssl.so is in a folder lib and not libs, is this a problem?

Thanks for your help!

Are you using the AUR package? I am and haven't had any issues. I haven't done any symlinks.

Yes,

I tried the enpass-bin and after removing everything, I tried the enpass-rc-bin package and didn't work either.

For both, I tried to run them by the .desktop file and by command.
By command, it freezes 1 minute and exists with message : exit 1.
I even tried the solution if it was a scaling issue by executing

export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0

But no more answer from enpass.

Edit :
I tried to install the package directly downloaded from the site. During the installation I have these two following messages :

QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv3_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv3_server_method

I'll try to find out what can I do, and if it is a problem to launch Enpass

Edited by Hikarou
More informations

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Finally had time to look a bit inside the problem. After more research I used ldd on my bin/Enpass . There is a little problem at the first line which is :

./Enpass: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./Enpass)

but the thing is, that two lines after this one, it is printed that :

libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (0x00007f46d4acf000)

I don't understand that it resolves twice the library and with different output.

Another thing, if I look the dependencies on openssl, I have another output too :

libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (0x00007f1bdb4c9000)

I don't know what I can do with such information, so I ask your help.

I deleted and reinstalled Enpass, even tried Enpass-rc.

Thanks for your help

Hikarou