Enpass Discussion Forum

Windows Portable Version Freezes

jscgn

Hi there,

I am using EnpassPortable 5.3.0 on a Windows 7 64 Bit PC. Every time i try to search for something, the whole application freezes for about 10-20 seconds. This can get quite annoying as you can imagine ;-)

The system is powerful enough (Intel Core i5 3,1 GHz, 8 GB RAM) and all other apps are running fine.

Any solutions/fixes? Should i provide more info? 

Best regards

Jan

Hi @jscgn

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please provide some more details, so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• Are you using Enpass portable version in USB drive/Harddisk. (Please specify the details of USBDrive like are you using USB 2.0/USB 3.0 ).
  • How many total items are there in Enpass?
  • How much memory and CPU Enpass portable version is consuming?

For Testing Purpose: Please select Title only in search fields and now search for any items and check does Enpass still freezes? For more details please see the attachment.

Title.png

Hi @Anshu kumar

thanks for the quick response.

I tested a little more:

1. It was first running on a network drive. If i put it on the local HDD, it works much better (with search in all fields)! Is the application accessing the drive while searching? Isn't the database cached in RAM? Normally, the network drive is not very slow, other apps work fine on it.

2. I have 516 items in total.

3. CPU usage is 0% in idle and goes up to about 20% while searching. EnpassPortable.exe uses ~37 MB RAM and EnpassPortableHelper uses ~ 10 MB.

4. If i set it to titles only, the search goes faster (on the network drive).

Best regards

Jan