Enpass Discussion Forum

Fingerprint and pin doesn't work

Pete

I enabled fingerprint unlocking, and it seemed to work for awhile, but now it's asking for my master password every-time I open the app. Disabled fingerprint, enabled pin, re-open the app, master password again, even-though it shows pin is enabled in the settings.

Decided to install Bitwarden and compare, enabled fingerprint, and it worked. Disabled fingerprint, enabled pin, reopened Bitwarden, it asks for the pin. Then re-opened Enpass again, asks for master password.

Why isn't pin or fingerprint work with Enpass on my phone?

Enpass 6.1.0.227
Umidigi F1
Android 9

Edited by Pete
Added phone and app details.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I enabled fingerprint unlocking, and it seemed to work for awhile, but now it's asking for my master password every-time I open the app. Disabled fingerprint, enabled pin, re-open the app, master password again, even-though it shows pin is enabled in the settings.

Decided to install Bitwarden and compare, enabled fingerprint, and it worked. Disabled fingerprint, enabled pin, reopened Bitwarden, it asks for the pin. Then re-opened Enpass again, asks for master password.

Why isn't pin or fingerprint work with Enpass on my phone?

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear things are not working for you, could you provide more details on what phone you are using, the OS version it is running, version of Enpass etc.  That info really helps the Enpass team.

For me the fingerprint system is working without flaw, Enpass 6.1.0.227, Motorola G6+, Android 9.

13 minutes ago, Dentonthebear said:

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear things are not working for you, could you provide more details on what phone you are using, the OS version it is running, version of Enpass etc.  That info really helps the Enpass team.

For me the fingerprint system is working without flaw, Enpass 6.1.0.227, Motorola G6+, Android 9.

Enpass 6.1.0.227, Umidigi F1, Android 9. Brand new phone too, only a few weeks of usage.

Previously I had an Android 6 phone, and the issues on that phone I caulked up to the older os, and hoped after upgrading maybe some issues would go away, but nope. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache and data, no luck.

On 8/29/2019 at 6:09 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @Pete,

I would suggest you to please try disabling the developer options from device settings if it is enabled and then check.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Developer options never turned on.

After a factory reset, finger unlocking was working fine, including with Enpass. But after too many failed attempts with my phone, I had to enable fingerprint unlocking, and that's when I get this "failed to init cipher" error and fingerprint unlock never staying checked off in settings.

Screenshot_20190827-004923.png