Enpass Discussion Forum

Saving updated details to WRONG site

davidc

I was on site X earlier and entered a new password. The Chrome extension prompted me to save the updated password, which I did.

I am now on site Y, which shares absolutely nothing in common with site X, and it is entering the wrong username and password.

Looking at site Y in Enpass to find out why, I see it is showing URL for site Y, but the username, password, and webform details from site X!

Looking at site X in Enpass, I see it hasn't saved the updated password either. It's only saved it to (overwritten) site Y.

How on earth does this even happen? This is obviously a MAJOR security flaw as it is sending a password for one site to a completely different site that may be malicious.

Enpass 6.1.1 (451)

-davidc

Edited by davidc

These basic failures to (a) migrate data from 1password (b) synchronise data between machines (or even tell me when it fails to sync) and (c) frequently failing to actually save the right password or to the right place, make Enpass appear a complete joke, and result in us duplicating all passwords into text files anyway, making a farce of the concept of a password manager.

I appreciate that you do a better job than 1password at autocompleting web forms, but why can't you get the fundamentals right?

Really regretting moving everyone to Enpass and wasting all that money now.

-davidc