Enpass Discussion Forum

enpass grey screen after catalina update

adrianm

1 hour ago, Mats said:

Until a future update it does work using the menu-bar-icon of Enpass.

Same here, my girlfriend is on the Catalina Beta program and has this issue. Not a solution but I've noticed that if you resize the window it actually shows the content (but if you click anything, you will need to re-resize to show the updated content). 

Not the right place, but there is a graphical glitch on the iPad OS beta as well: where the cloud icon is on the top left of the screen, there is some "white" covering the area. Still, the app works and is fully usable. 

I'm using the latest Catalina beta, and Enpass's performance is very poor. It takes almost a minute for the app to load then keystrokes takes 30+ seconds to appear so trying to enter the master password or searching for credentials is close to impossible. Button clicks also take many seconds to register. Is there a beta or upgrade in the works to fix these issues?

On 9/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, Kashish said:

Hello guys,

Thanks for using Enpass.

Our team has taken note of this issue and we are looking towards a resolution. 

Thanks.

For you to know I tried to uninstall et reinstall unsuccessfully. Let us know when a beta is available for test. Thanks for the hard work fixing this issue.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

This is a Qt framework (used by Enpass) issue. We have already reported the same to their dev team. Once it will be fixed at their end , we will implement the fix in Enpass too. Please note that there might be temporary issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the upcoming macOS beta.

Till then please co-operate with us.

I have reported the problem to Apple Beta evaluation, but of all the programs I use, and its a lot, so far this is the only application misbehaving.

The workarounds are cumbersome, but at least we can work. Thanks to the members for the resizing workarounds. 

acceptable.

We are running bêta 10.15 (19A546d)

On 9/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

This is a Qt framework (used by Enpass) issue. We have already reported the same to their dev team. Once it will be fixed at their end , we will implement the fix in Enpass too. Please note that there might be temporary issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the upcoming macOS beta.

Till then please co-operate with us.

no offense! Do you mean you r not going to fix the issue in case Qt framework not working on Catalina? Enpass is a paid software that we purchased. If the framework still hang on after Catalina final release what is your suggestion for your customers? The framework issue is not the thing the customers should concern about and It's not a minor issue.

Sorry for your framework issue, but I have a business to run. Enpass was our go to password solution, but no longer. I'm voting with my feet. Catalina is great. We have over 60 commercial applications installed on the iMac and every one works perfectly except Enpass.

Mods, you can delete my account if you wish. 

I understand that the issue is with qt, but I also feel that Enpass seems to be throwing their hand up and declaring `not our problem`. This is a pretty serious bug for desktop users. I feel like Enpass should do more to address it or at least try to reassure users.