Enpass Discussion Forum

Firefox Extension doesn´t work after update to 5.4

Hello,

this morning i updated my enpass desktop app. Win10Pro, Firefox 50.1. No the autofill extension refuse to work.

I get this error message:

Enpass Connection Error

Please start Enpass desktop app and make sure you have checked "Enable Browser Extension" in Enpass Preferences, before using Enpass Browser Extension.

I read older threads about this issue, but nothing helped.
i tried to reinstall extension and enpass
its open in the background
browser extensions are enabled
minimaze to tray is enabled
i started enpass first and the firefox after restart

kind regards

jokerman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would like to let you know that Enpass browser extension communicates to Enpass app over the localhost address.  So please check and verify that the installed Antivirus/ Firewall is interfering the localhost connections (127.0.0.1). Also, share these details

• Have you installed any Antivirus/ Firewall/third party any security related browser extension?
  • Are you using any proxy? 
  • Are you facing the same problem in other browsers too?

Further, Open Enpass and make sure that the Enpass browser extension is enabled, now run the following command in command prompt one by one:

• netstat -ano | findstr 10391
  • netstat -ano | findstr 10392
  • netstat -ano | findstr 10393
  • netstat -ano | findstr 10394
  • netstat -ano | findstr 10395

Which ever command gives the output, then run this command:

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10391') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Note The value of  findstr 10391 can be changed according to the output. For ex: suppose the output comes after running this command "netstat -ano | findstr 10392" then you have to run this command: 

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10392') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

And share the logs via email at support@enpass.io mentioning a link to this discussion and we will take it further.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Thanks Anshu!

I am on a active directory controlled corporate machine that is using Sophos antivirus, so I can't change settings or do anything there. I'll try safe mode later to bypass it and see if it's blocking the loopback.

I am not using a proxy and I do see the same issue in the latest Chrome version as well. Don't use Edge so I can't speak to that status.

I have run the commands you mentioned above and will send them via email as you requested.

-David

Hey guys,

thanks for the hint on Sophos. That was it for me.

Here is the Solution (more of a Workaround):

If you are using "Sophos Endpoint Security and Control" like me you have to disable "Web-Protection".
Unfortunately it isn't possible to create exceptions in this module - very sad.
But.. now I can auto-fill again - that's more important as I'm taking "web security" in my own hands anyway.

Let me know if this helped you.

Edited by Kölle
possible misunderstanding of grammar

I have also found an issue with Sophos virus protection (on a work computer). My solution was to change the properties of all web-related Sophos services to "Disabled" and to restart my PC.
The extensions (in both Chrome and FireFox which were not working before, are now functional).  
Since I do not fully understand what security features those services provide, it may not be advisable, but that at least gives one potential work around. 
(Note that I, too, did not have the ability to change the Sophos settings through the app). 
Edited by Lawrence

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about the trouble.  As you know Enpass extension communicates to Enpass over localhost address and it seems that Sophos antivirus is interfering the localhost(127.0.0.1) connections. One link I found on web to allow localhost connection in Sophos antivirus is https://support.asperasoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/216126878-Connect-browser-plugin-does-not-work-with-Sophos-antivirus-web-control

Hope this helps!

I have sophos home and after adding enpass to the  Potentially Unwanted Application Exceptions in Sophos home autofill was back in business.

Seems the above fix was not permanent, next day it did not work anymore. I have added 127.0.0.1 in the exception list and for now it works again.

Edited by Michel68