Enpass Discussion Forum

Best ways to Support Enpass/Sinew Software?

Phylum

Allow me to stand on my soap box...

I started using Enpass maybe 2 years ago and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the product.  I'm a long time KeePass user, was very happy with it and wasn't actively seeking another solution when I came across Enpass maybe 2 years ago.  After giving Enpass a solid go, I thought it was pretty neat, moved everything from KeePass to Enpsas and I've been really impressed with the improvements on all platforms since I started using it.  The real draw to Enpass for me and others I've shared the product with, is the fact that one doesn't have to sync their data onto Enpass servers or other cloud storage providers.  For most people, when they hear that, see the setup I've got going on as well as a demo of the product, they're usually hooked.

My employer provides a DashLane Premium account to all employees so I've been kicking the tires on it a bit just because I'm expected to be a subject matter expert on it of sorts.  I think DashLane is a slightly different animal compared to Enpass but it does offer some interesting features I'd like to see in Enpass one day.  As I thought about checking the forums for these features, it dawned on me: Most of the popular services require with a monthly or annual subscription, while Enpass is free or can be had for a one-time payment starting as little as $4.99.

So while I'm trying to do my part to promote Enpass to those I know who are not using a password manager, there's no denying that development requires time & effort (& money :)) so I want to know:

What can the average Enpass user do to further promote Enpass and/or support Sinew Software?

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2016 at 6:25 AM, Phylum said:

What can the average Enpass user do to further promote Enpass and/or support Sinew Software?

+1

Actually, would like to see an opportunity to make a free donation using PayPal. Enpass is worth it! :) 

Good job so far! :)

On 2016-12-28 at 5:25 AM, Phylum said:

Allow me to stand on my soap box...

I started using Enpass maybe 2 years ago and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the product.  I'm a long time KeePass user, was very happy with it and wasn't actively seeking another solution when I came across Enpass maybe 2 years ago.  After giving Enpass a solid go, I thought it was pretty neat, moved everything from KeePass to Enpsas and I've been really impressed with the improvements on all platforms since I started using it.  The real draw to Enpass for me and others I've shared the product with, is the fact that one doesn't have to sync their data onto Enpass servers or other cloud storage providers.  For most people, when they hear that, see the setup I've got going on as well as a demo of the product, they're usually hooked.

My employer provides a DashLane Premium account to all employees so I've been kicking the tires on it a bit just because I'm expected to be a subject matter expert on it of sorts.  I think DashLane is a slightly different animal compared to Enpass but it does offer some interesting features I'd like to see in Enpass one day.  As I thought about checking the forums for these features, it dawned on me: Most of the popular services require with a monthly or annual subscription, while Enpass is free or can be had for a one-time payment starting as little as $4.99.

So while I'm trying to do my part to promote Enpass to those I know who are not using a password manager, there's no denying that development requires time & effort (& money :)) so I want to know:

Agree. The fact that sync is available for free too makes it very usable. I'd really like to see some report of an security-audit though but I don't doubt the devs when they say it's pricy... The common Enpass-user probably buys the mobile app for their corresponding plattform, which is about the same price as a 1-year subscription for other products..

I did actually buy the Windows Store-app mostly to support Enpass, the product doesn't replace the desktop version and it doesn't really offer that much functionality other than Windows Hello-support, but i feel like i support the team in both economic ways and by supplying feedback for additional plattforms..

• 2 weeks later...

I just migrated my previous vault to Enpass, and I too think this is definitely a great topic. I do my best to keep myself informed with the latest security trends and technology, and frequently just browse the iOS App Store to see what's new out there, but until last week I had never even heard of Enpass before. I've used 1Password for a good 3-4 years to its full capacity, and if I recall correctly they first launched on the iOS App Store sometime in 2013 or so; to this date, they have over 18K reviews for all versions on the store, while Enpass which launched in January 2014 only has almost 300.

That is one insanely big gap and one could argue that more could be done to promote Enpass. Maybe, one option could be for the Enpass team to contact places with rather large audiences such as 9to5Mac, Macrumors, iMore, Android Central, 9to5Google, Engadget, etc. that frequently review apps and compare them against others similar. No doubt that this alone would get Enpass a ton of exposure, specially since security is so hot these days and most of the popular password managers right now offer more costly yearly subscriptions.

• 1 month later...

Suggest you take a look at The Wirecutter reviews by example. The data they have is a bit out of date and some imminent features (announced in these forum pages) they are obviously unaware of.... Equally they seem to think that not storing customers data on your website is a big disadvantage. I am very sure many people will think sync via iCloud, dropbox, wifi or similar is much better than consigning such important data to such honeypot targets. 

Enpass needs to work to support journalists with uptodate information to raise the profile of their very promising product.

• 4 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:04 AM, snow-white said:

Suggest you take a look at The Wirecutter reviews by example. The data they have is a bit out of date and some imminent features (announced in these forum pages) they are obviously unaware of.... Equally they seem to think that not storing customers data on your website is a big disadvantage. I am very sure many people will think sync via iCloud, dropbox, wifi or similar is much better than consigning such important data to such honeypot targets. 

Enpass needs to work to support journalists with uptodate information to raise the profile of their very promising product.

I agree but I also think we could be Enpass Evangelists and promoting it to

• family and friends
  • coworkers and work within your organization to potentially offer it up as either a company-wide sanctioned password app or a sanction password app for home users (e.g.: company subsidizes the cost for their employee)
  • key sites like LifeHacker, Engadget, Gizmodo, CNET to name a few

In my humble opinion, I think the real challenges lie within explaining (in lay terms) the value of understanding the importance of where the data is housed and what that means to the user.  It haven't felt the need to look elsewhere but I have limited experience with LastPass, 1Password and Dashlane and from a password management perspective Enpass  exceeds my needs, so in my mind, it's just as good as other products.  However, there isn't a 1 to 1 when staking Enpass against other products so its a bit like comparing oranges to grapefruits: They're similar in many ways but also quite different.