Enpass Discussion Forum

Always needs Master Password

Craig

I have a similar issue posted in the Android forum, perhaps it's relevant, perhaps not.

I always need to type in my MasterPassword, even though I've set it to not do so for 59 hours! It doesn't matter which AutoLock scenario I choose (either Enpass is idle, or System is idle).
As I mentioned in my other post, I am syncing with OwnCloud, as that seems to be the only thing that might be relevant to this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig.

I don't quit the application, although I do 'press the red x' which supposedly removes the icon from the dock and it continues running as a status menu icon in the menu bar. It keeps working for a period of time, but it seems that whenever my machine goes idle, then I need to re-enter the password.

I *do* have a firewall installed which limits what enpass can transmit to the internet and I've disabled all the traffic that doesn't go to *my* server. Perhaps it's a symptom (but can't figure out why!)

• 1 month later...
On 2016-05-10 at 1:52 PM, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @Craig,

Currently, Enpass autolock behaviour is overrided (always ask master password) when your machine goes idle or sleep. However, a proper setting to enable/disable this behaviour is in development.

Hi, when will this feature be implemented? This is the only thing stopping me from switching from 1password.

It is for this reason that the app is completely unusable on both environments. For this reason and the fact that I lodged several issues on this forum and that it took a few weeks for responses sometimes, that I have *very* happily gone back to 1password -- a much superior application (both mobile and desktop and support).

Too bad I paid for the mobile version before truly checking it out. For everything that enpass advertises but fails to deliver (and clearly continues to do so), I gave 1 star.

Hello @Craig,

I am really very sorry for not being able to fulfill your request of fixing the unsteady behavior of entering Master password if your system is set to sleep. Actually, we forcefully lock the Enpass when the system went to idle state just for the sake of security. But we have noted down your request of improving the autolock behavior in case of system sleep and will definitely add it in coming versions. At this moment we are really overloaded with some awesome features in desktop and other mobile platforms and I believe you'll like them. So we will improve this in mid of any of the features but can't assure you any ETA now.

It will be really sad for us to see you go and I request you to please bear with us for some time.

Cheers!