Enpass Discussion Forum

Things I wish Enpass could do

Seaman

Hi, I've been using enpass for a while now but I haven't been too active in the community, as I guess I'm a lazy user who expects the features he wants to just rain from above some day. As I realized that was probably not going to happen, I thought I would come here and post a list of the features that would make using enpass a much better experience for me.

• Don't ask for the master password again until I tell it to; even through reboots. Security compromise, I know, but no one else even has access to my computer, and I can't stand typing my very long password over and over again. LastPass (the browser extension) could do this.
  • Option to make auto-login truly automatic in chosen sites, like in LastPass, where the username/password fields are filled and you're logged in as soon as the page loads. The user doesn't need to click anything or press any combination of keys.
  • Autofill for apps and (I realize this is not a feature request) fixing this bug ASAP.
  • Export to XML file.
  • Light icon for the browser extensions. Currently if you use a dark theme on firefox or chrome it'll look like this.
  • Browser extension icon should light up or change colors when you're on a site that you have an entry for. I have my info saved for a lot of sites, but I may sometimes type it in manually, having forgotten that I have it on enpass.

I hope I'm not asking for anything too crazy or hard to implement. I'm happy with Enpass as a base, you have a great business model, excellent multi-platform support and a close relationship with your users. I just wish actually using it was a smoother experience for me.

Edited by Seaman
  • Like 3

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi @Seaman

Thanks for writing in. All the answers related your queries are given in Italics:

• Don't ask for the master password again until I tell it to; even through reboots. Security compromise, I know, but no one else even has access to my computer, and I can't stand typing my very long password over and over again. LastPass (the browser extension) could do this
    • As you already mentioned that this feature involves security compromises and it's too risky for user's database security. Also, there might be chances of forgetting Master Password. At the moment to quickly unlock Enpass you can set a PIN code from Enpass security settings.
  • Option to make auto-login truly automatic in chosen sites, like in LastPass, where the username/password fields are filled and you're logged in as soon as the page loads. The user doesn't need to click anything or press any combination of keys.
    • Currently, we don't have plans to for this feature.
  • Autofill for apps and (I realize this is not a feature request) fixing this bug ASAP.
    • Noted and will fix this issue in coming versions.
  • Export to XML file.
    • This feature is already under consideration.
  • Light icon for the browser extensions. Currently if you use a dark theme on firefox or chrome it'll look like this.
    • It's already in our roadmap.
  • Browser extension icon should light up or change colors when you're on a site that you have an entry for. I have my info saved for a lot of sites, but I may sometimes type it in manually, having forgotten that I have it on enpass.
    • Noted and added to the roadmap.