Enpass Discussion Forum

macOS Enpass iCloud Sync Broken

robboot

Hi together,

I had the same issue with Enpass 6.1.3 (240) on Mac OS X 10.14.6 since a few days. The webauth authentication failed (cdn.apple-cloudkit.com/ck-auth/?prtn=24&host=setup.apple-cloudkit.com&oauth_token=OATTKN5a47&oauth_verifier=OATVRF107085a47). I found this error message: Refused to connect to setup.apple-cloudkit.com/setup/ws/1/oauth/validateToken?prtn=24&host=setup.apple-cloudkit.com&oauth_token=OATTKNbf8d8f5a47&oauth_verifier=OATVRF167585a47 because it does not appear in the connect-src directive of the Content Security Policy.

This is not (!) a temporary issue. I've been getting this bug for a few days already.

Dear support please take care of this problem as it already exists for a few days and it extremely hampers many users.

Thanks,

Klaus

Dear Support,

I can't synchronize enpass with icloud anymore. As several users have reported, there is a significant problem.
I reinstalled fresh Enpass from Mac store and tried to synchronize an existing icloud database. synchronization is not possible.
Enpass Version 6.1.3 under Mac OS X 10.14.6

Dear support please take care of this problem as it already exists for a few days and it extremely hampers many users.

Thanks,

Klaus

Hi everybody,

I have made some attempts and found the following:
The first vault can be synchronized with iCloud. The second vault, which is to be synchronized with iCloud, causes the "Authentication Error" when logging in. Here the browser is started and you have to enter username and password. This is not necessary with the first vault. I assume that the error has to be found with the authentication via website idmsa.apple.com.

I hope that this is helpful to correct the error.

Thanks,

Klaus

Hey guys,

We understand this is frustrating. However, our dev team is already looking into this issue with the highest priority and we will notify you as soon as the issue is fixed.

Meanwhile, I suggest to please use another available cloud options to sync. I believe that switching to another cloud temporarily will not affect your work.

NOTE: Windows users can try setting up Internet Explorer as your default browser and then enable iCloud sync.

Thanks for your understanding.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,

We understand this is frustrating. However, our dev team is already looking into this issue with the highest priority and we will notify you as soon as the issue is fixed.

Meanwhile, I suggest to please use another available cloud options to sync. I believe that switching to another cloud temporarily will not affect your work.

NOTE: Windows users can try setting up Internet Explorer as your default browser and then enable iCloud sync.

Thank you - that actually helped on Win10 (note Internet _Explorer_, not Edge)

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:43 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey guys,

For all the windows users: This procedure actually worked for me on windows 10. Nevertheless i hope this issue can be resolved soon.
Best regards,
Mopee

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, EWMiller said:

Has anyone else noticed that syncing from Enpass to iCloud is no longer working on macOS?  I get this error.  I noticed this behavior yesterday.

bM4JVJE.jpg

I have also this problem, and tried to delete account and do it again, nothing changes. I'm not able to sync from my MacBook Pro with my iPhone.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:00 PM, Klaus Heim said:

I could just synchronize with icloud. Apparently the bug is fixed. Was the problem with apple or did enpass fix the problem?

If you did an update for the Enpass software before it started working then most likely it was a problem Sinew fixed, if you did not then the problem would appear to have been fixed by Apple.

Same issue here with Mac OS 15.4

The bug isn´t fixed. At this time I can't use Enpass 6 and so I'm starting to get nervous. I wait another 2 days, then I change the program and delete Enpass forever :(

Is there currently a workaround available for Mac Os?

thx 

56 minutes ago, ralle said:

Is there currently a workaround available for Mac Os?

Yes, don't use iCloud.  Set up a Google account without email, use Drive: https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail

Now it probably isn't what you want to do but it is a workaround.  As and when things get sorted you can always switch back and delete the Google account.

I tested with OneDrive, GoogleDrive, Dropbox and iCloud. iCloud is my preferred Cloud with my primary fault. As I mentioned before that primary and all other vaults are different. All clouds can be synched. But all other than iCloud are only for test with few items. My OneDrive Vault is synched and every thing is fine. 

I have three PCs and one iPhone syncing one vault using iCloud on my phone using my free icloud.

I want to add my wife's iPhone but cant figure out how to get her phone to sync to the primary vault Ive already created. When you select sync in enpass it logs into her icloud but i want enpass to use mine icloud vault.

Thanks for any help,

KP

Hey @kpier,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. 

8 hours ago, kpier said:

I want to add my wife's iPhone but cant figure out how to get her phone to sync to the primary vault Ive already created. When you select sync in enpass it logs into her icloud but i want enpass to use mine icloud vault.

I would like to share that on iOS devices, when you select iCloud services to sync with Enpass, it automatically selects the default iCloud account which is already configured on the device. To sync with other iCloud account you have to perform these steps:

• Open Enpass on your wife's iPhone  --> Create a secondary vault (temporary) --> And enable sync with the iCloud Drive , it will sync with her iCloud account.
  • Now open primary vault and enable sync with iCloud Drive --> Which will redirected to the browser --> Now enter the iCloud login credentials (Which you want to sync with).

Hope this helps!

On 9/17/2019 at 6:44 PM, ralle said:

Thx for your help. I switched to onedrive, but the app hangs always. I can´t work with it.

are there any other suggestions?

Unfortunately I cannot speak for OneDrive, as of now I have upwards of a dozen clients using Enpass on thirty plus devices, all are using Google Drive without issue.  Personally I am using Box and have done so since day one of v6, however I input the settings manually under a webdav entry as Box from memory was not originally supported/working.  Never gone back to change it as I have not had a need to.

• 1 month later...