Enpass Discussion Forum

Add self-destruct function

modelator

There is also the possibility of entering "X" number of incorrect password attempts causes the LOCAL database to be deleted.

As part of this routine, it would need to DISCONNECT from the ability to attach to a backup or to the sync to prevent another copy being downloaded until credentials are re-entered correctly.

I haven't experienced it yet, but I am interested to see how to delete the database locally when I go through customs in the countries I fly through; then redownload the database.  I do not understand the full process of doing this yet.  I assume that I must delete the application as well ... then re-install it and let it re-sync.  

Anyone done this yet??

• 3 weeks later...

"Master-password - Open database;

Destruct-password - Deletes all data or makes it unsuitable for decryption.

This can be done?"

Your question is kind of complicated thou as I think. I divided it in two part:

1. Admin Access

2. Unauthorised Access

1. Admin Access: If I took that admin have a hosting website Coupon Codes for Hostgator  which database which is access by two master password like

i). abcd to open the database and show all the details

ii). wxyz to delete all the database

This both can happen when the admin are logged in.

I take the example of facebook where  you can download all your previous data and delete all the data at the same platform.

2. Unauthorised Access: In this situation if a unauthorised user are trying to breach a password protected security then we can block his ip for lifetime.

But as loveworksdotcom said is very harmful for your own database cus there are more than 80 attempts happen regular on a avg. website.

There is also the possibility of entering "X" number of incorrect password attempts causes the LOCAL database to be deleted. 

Edited by Webtoolsoffers
Error

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I think this is a very good idea.

Basically be able to say After x failed login attempts OR if code 1234 is entered either require the masterpassword again or - the a.bomb solution - disconnect from the source and delete the local copy of the vault.

This would be a great feature because with FaceID, that you will be hacked is not really high chance but being forced to unlock the phone is.

Andreas