Enpass Discussion Forum

Bug: App never seems to stop 'syncing'

Craig

I notice that the 'sync' icon is always in the 'busy' state and never seems to actually: 'be synced'. This is possibly because I have a really bad network connection, that is always going up and down... However, the app never seems to 'time out' and retry a sync.

If I quit the app and reopen it and enter my Master Password, it seems to sync properly and I see a refresh button. However, if close my lid and go to another location with a different WiFi network, I'll see the 'busy' sync again...
.. and no, new passwords do not propagate to my mobile device when it's in this mode.

I'm using v5.2.1

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 9.16.59 am.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 9.17.24 am.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem in my mac (v. 5.2.1 (47)).

Every day I wake up my laptop from sleep in my office, and after logging in the sync process keeps trying to perform the synchronisation without never succeeding. After restarting Enpass this problem goes away (until the next day). I do not see any unusual CPU usage.

Hi there,

almost the same here.

After setting up Synchronisation it works. When closing Enpass and reopenig it, the Sync fails with 2 red arrows and Error code -117 is shown in the Preferences Dialog (you see the German output in this screenshot)

5784d7f98a7ad_Bildschirmfoto2016-07-12um

Going to Preferences and hitting "Sync now" works however.

Now when i close the lid of the macbook and open it again, it seems to sync forever ... or till i throw away the sync and set it up again.

The Linux Client works without any problems, the (paid) Android app also has no problems with Sync.

Hi Anshu,

Thank you for your quick reply. I installed the beta version yesterday, and this morning the problem was different.

Instead of the "sync forever" problem, I know have a "Fail sync" problem (with double red arrows, similarly to bastischubert). The error message is only "There went something wrong while synchronising. (Error code: -119)".

As before, restarting Enpass fixed the problem (for today).

(Also similarly to bastischubert, I have no problem synchronizing with my android app.)

Hi Anshu,

I just want to give an update: the "Fail sync" problem that appears now with the Beta version does not occur often, and it eventually goes away even without restarting Enpass. So it hardly disturbs me.

Thank you again for your help,

Joe