Enpass Discussion Forum

Define allowed Symbols

Wenuy

When I create a password with symbols on it I found issues with websites (many) that only accept certain symbols. It is quite annoying to have to replace the symbols manually.

In theory I could write in Enpass the Symbols to exclude but generally I do not know which are they. Website usually give you the opposite information, the allowed symbols.

Therefore I would like to see an input field for the allowed symbols.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

First off, love Enpass, thank you.  Secondly, I'd also like this feature. 

I've found that the Enpass feature to restrict specific special characters in passwords has been at times beneficial.  However, it has been my experience that more websites will tell me a specific list of allowed special characters for passwords.  This becomes an exercise of trying to enter the inverse list (all the "not allowed" characters) into Enpass for those websites.  Then afterwards, having to remember to remove that list for the next time I create an account.  It would be be very helpful if, in addition to the "Exclude Symbols" text box for generating passwords there was a second "Use Only These Symbols" text box.

Although it isn't anything where the product is technically not capable, it does create an emotional "uggg, not again" feeling that centers on the product as much as the website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This really needs to be done!!! To make things even worse there's a limit on the number of characters you can enter in the excluded characters field that is less the number of symbol characters making it impossible to exclude all disallowed symbols on some websites. I now have to play password roulette to get a usable generated password for at least one site that requires one of ~$@!, but doesn't allow any other symbols.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...