Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync bug with Google Drive

cariocakev

There seems to be a bug with sync to Google drive that affects both my Mac and my Linux machines. If Enpass is left running through a sleep cycle, sync doesn't function after a wake-up. Enpass must be quit and restarted for sync to function again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am having this problem under Windows 10. I am a new user and is getting this error when I go to settings and try to set sync to Google Drive (Error -120). I am first transferred to Chome to accept the following " View and manage Google Drive files and folders that you have opened or created with this app". When I return to the app I get the error. I have tried this on two networks with the same result.

Network 1: Public wifi (similar to what they have at airports)

Network 2: Mobile hotspot on my phone -> 4g

I have also installed the app on the phone and no problem there.

Windows version 5.3.0.1

Edited by Ekendahl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @NordicNorm,

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

10 hours ago, NordicNorm said:

And worse, I used the browser extension to generate a new PW and saved, but when I checked Enpass, old PW still there. Fortunately I was able to recapture the new PW from the browser extension and manually update the PC client

Generate password option in browser extension helps you in generating password only and saves it only if it prompts you to save/update password in keychain. If it prompted you and didn't update the password in keychain, please provide some more details, so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which website (along with URL) you are facing this problem.
  • Have you followed the same steps to generate password as mention in the user manual

Cheers!

• 5 months later...

Same problem here. Sync to google drive with IOS works, but syncing with win10 ends with error 120.
The faq says: Check your internet connection. Not very helpful :-(

The 10$-IOS app is useless for me without win-sync. Any ideas, any help?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Let me know if I should post a new forums thread but I experienced something similar using Google Backups as SYNC. Please see details below: 

I have 3 different computers using the same ENPASS account. Looking just at 2 of them it appears it has some issues with folder structure and SYNC. As you can see below they are both pointing to the same Google Drive Account and I have no way to customize what path ENPASS uses to backup (this would be a nice feature). In this particular instance created it created the normal ENPASS directory but it also created an ENPASS(1) directory which is unexpected behavior. I've attached an image to show what I am talking about.

Happy to answer any follow up questions as well.

Windows_Unit_1.png

Windows_Unit_2.png

Folder_1_Enpass.png

Folder_2_Enpass(1).png

Edited by thebob6

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @thebob6

On 9/19/2017 at 11:49 AM, thebob6 said:

I have no way to customize what path ENPASS uses to backup (this would be a nice feature)

The desktop version of Enpass offers a functionality to sync your data with a folder of your choice. So after installing the Google Drive application on your desktop, you can opt for sync through Folder and specify any folder on GoogleDrive. Please also note that you would not be able to sync to that custom location on Mobile apps.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:49 AM, thebob6 said:

but it also created an ENPASS(1) directory which is unexpected behavior

Actually, this happens when two devices/systems sync exactly at the same time. But you don't need to worry about it, Enpass will only go for the file with the latest modification. So you can delete the old folders on the Drive.

Hope this answers your queries.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 5:51 AM, Akash Vyas said:

Hey @thebob6

The desktop version of Enpass offers a functionality to sync your data with a folder of your choice. So after installing the Google Drive application on your desktop, you can opt for sync through Folder and specify any folder on GoogleDrive. Please also note that you would not be able to sync to that custom location on Mobile apps.

Actually, this happens when two devices/systems sync exactly at the same time. But you don't need to worry about it, Enpass will only go for the file with the latest modification. So you can delete the old folders on the Drive.

Hope this answers your queries.

Hi,

Just to confirm what you are saying -

1) Enpass will only do this is two versions of the application attempt to SYNC at the same time.

2) Within the mobile app you CANNOT customize the folder sync but you can with the desktop app.

3) The App Moile AND Desktop should be smart enough to use the folder with the latest modification.

Is the above true?

If so what do you recommend I do about multiple folder creation? I'm sure you don't suggest changing the desktop app settings to use a different folder as that would cause sync issues between all the different apps across the different platforms (mobile/windows/mac).

Also checking today according to point #3 above it does appear to be true but in this case it seems to be using the ENPASS(1) folder which is less than ideal. To fix this I'll have to delete the sync_default.walletx out of the ENPASS folder and copy the wallet from the ENPASS(1) folder into it and then delete the ENPASS(1) folder. I've attached an image to reference. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 6.42.03 PM.png

Edited by thebob6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to add this has now moved into 3 different folders.. 

Here is another photo.

Should I just delete the older versions?

How about I do the following:

1) Move the newest sync_default.walletx from Enpass (3) to the desktop

2) Delete Enpass (3) (2) and (1)

3) Delete sync-default_walletx from Enpass but leave the folder

4) Copy the newest sync_default_walletx from the desktop and then move it into the Enpass folder.

I dont understand why KeePass can handle this but this app cannot.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Enpass.PNG