Enpass Discussion Forum

Premium doesn't let me use touch id

Vij

Hi,

I am an avid user of Enpass. The app is great. I use it on my phones, on my Linux machine, on my windows machine, on my mac books. I have accumulated many hundreds of items in Enpass.

I paid for premium version just so that I can use touch id to unlock Enpass on my macbook. But I have hard time figuring out how to use touch id. I have already enabled Quick Unlock -> Touch Id check box (See attached image). But neither the main app nor the browser extension ask for touch ID. Master password is the only thing they ask for. I tested by enabling touch id checkbox, then go to main window, lock enpass by clicking the lock icon on top right. I also tested by letting enpass lock itself due to timeout. No luck. Pay for premium and then only use master password everywhere :(

Just to test I tried using the pin option, which works great. I was able to enter pin to unlock enpass. My question is how to make the app ask for touch id?

Using Enpass 6.1.3 (420) on MacOS 10.14.6 on MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2019.

Thanks,

Vij

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 10.21.46 AM.png

I found out the hard way - the TouchID function is only activated after first login with your Master Password. Even then, you'd have to click the TouchID icon on the right to bring up the TouchID function.
I do not like how it is being programmed (especially not allowing TouchID on 1st login) and felt cheated realising it only after paying for the Premium version.