Enpass Discussion Forum

[Solved] iOS 13 / iPhone Pro / FaceTime ID, not working?

Jonas EnP

I have a iPhone Pro, with iOS 13. 
but my Face ID don, work with autofill. 
have a key-file to my Enpass library, and when I try open with PIN instead, the unlock button are behind the keyboard. 

why ain’t this working? :S 

Edited by Jonas EnP
Solved! Solution: Reinstall app, since old transferred app did not have correct bits for FaceID or screen size.

I downloaded the new Enpass iOS update today, but I’m still seeing issues. Face ID is still not working correctly to both login to Enpass and to use it to log in to sites. Pin is working to login to Enpass if I try it right after I exit, but I have to enter the master password really quickly. Pin doesn’t work if I try and log in to a different site. The okay button is below the keypad on safari, so I can’t click it. Also, I am seeing that I have to specify my key file all of the time when previously on iOS 12 and my iPhone 6, I didn’t have to. 

This case are finally Solved!
I did such a user error. Had only tried to disable/enable FaceID. 
and just thought that I’ve been smart and reinstalling the app. 

I guess that the bits for FaceID was missing in transferred app from TouchID phone. 

This one are solved now for me.  :) 

Solution for me:
Remove and reinstall app!

PS.
Error for PIN code also got solved when it was reinstalled with correct bits and not just had transferred app from old Phone with other screen size! :)

DS.  

On 9/25/2019 at 7:19 PM, dang said:

I downloaded the new Enpass iOS update today, but I’m still seeing issues. Face ID is still not working correctly to both login to Enpass and to use it to log in to sites. Pin is working to login to Enpass if I try it right after I exit, but I have to enter the master password really quickly. Pin doesn’t work if I try and log in to a different site. The okay button is below the keypad on safari, so I can’t click it. Also, I am seeing that I have to specify my key file all of the time when previously on iOS 12 and my iPhone 6, I didn’t have to. 

@dang

Solution seems to be that you have to:

Reinstall the app  (worked for me)

How to reinstall:

1. Delete app.

2. Reinstall app from AppStore. 

3. press the purchase of app. 

4. Use “restore purchase”-button. 

5. Add your files from sync backups again and start enjoy the awesome app again!

Error seems to be caused for me by: 

iOS 11+ transfer to new iPhone on startup of your new iPhone. 

For me it didn’t install then with all correct bits for my new phone. 

Old iPhone 7 settings:
Touch ID (with another type of security chip that couldn’t contain keyfile) and screen resolution 750x1334 px.

And that Enpass-app just seemed to get copied with wrong bits then for new iPhone.

New iPhone 11 Pro settings:
FaceID (with newer security chip that could contain the keyfile in memory) and a screen resolution of 1125x2436 px.

So solution for me was: 
Remove old app with old iPhone settings transferred, and install again with new iPhone settings. 

Just keep installing updates on top of the wrong transferred app, will never solve your errors. 
(if not Enpass implements a good check for old bits/settings and then make a good fix package that runs if old bits/settings are found).