Enpass Discussion Forum

Copy does not work

I have been observing for a few days now that copying fields from Enpass does not really put it on macOS clipboard. When I try to paste what was copied in Enpass, nothing gets pated. I use an app called "Paste" on macOS to maintain clipboard history but that is not a problem. I have tried copy-pasting with my clipboard manager app not running. This has been happening from both browser extension as well as macOS desktop app. If I reboot my mac, everything works fine until it stops working again.

Anybody seeing this or know a solution to this problem? This is such a deal breaker feature and is compelling me to evaluate other password managers.

Since upgrading to Enpass 6.2.0 (538) I can no-longer copy/paste passwords.

They copy without any error, but pasting doesn't work.

I'm on MacOS 10.14.6.

Since the app is unusable - can you please advise how I can downgrade to the previous version? I can't find a download for 6.1 anywhere.

Edited by abhibeckert

I just filed a bug report about this issue as well, ECS-2124

This is critical, it makes the app unusable.

I did try this as a work around: edit the account entry in Enpass, make the password visible, try to copy the password from the input text field.

That seems to now be disabled as well.

UPDATE: after a machine reboot, Enpass copy and paste is working again.

Edited by rblaa
suggest work around

@rblaa Is is still working for you? For me it works for a while after machine reboots and then again stops working at some point. I am not 100% sure on this, just my wild guess, but I think the new Enpass 6.2.0 feature that erases password from clipboard is causing issues. Of course it is more secure to have this feature but I'd be ready to give it up in favor of making Enpass usable.

Edited by kalehv

I found a simple solution for me: You have to Edit the 'Password' field by clicking on it.  Edit the Password field type from 'Password' to 'Text'. Leaf the checkbox for sensible data. 

Now the password is still hidden and I can copy and paste my passwords again, while waiting for a fix!!

Edited by Artur

@Anshu kumar I maybe found the problem. It seems that on mac the clipboards are accidentally reversed. Mac has a hidden clipboard wich you can use with 'control+K' to cut an 'control+Y' to paste. But when I select some text witch I cant copy over the common ways, and then press 'control+K' tu cut it with the hidden mac clipboard, the password are passtet in the main clipboard and I can paste it over the 'command+V' buttons, instead of the 'control+Y' buttons. 

So for everyone who is struggling with this. Simply edit your entry and set your passwords to text fields, select the chars with the  mouse and copy the password over the 'control+K' buttons and paste it as normally. Don't forget to paste the password back in your field or close the editing window without saving. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 2:58 PM, Kashish said:

Hey @Jordan G,

We apologise for this inconvenience.

The "copy" issue is in our priority list and our dev team is already working towards a resolution. A fix for this issue will be available in the next update.

We request for your co-operation.

Thanks!

This is biting me as well. A reboot will temporarily allow me to copy again but after a while this comes back and I again can't copy from Enpass. This is debilitating and the primary purpose of a password manager. It is not some fringe issue... Do you have a timeline for the fix. I need to know if I need to make the change to another password manager if this is going to be longer than a week or so...

• 6 months later...

@Anshu kumar @Kashish is anything being done? Words "issue is in our priority list and our dev team is already working towards a resolution" do not work when more than half a year has passed. I payed for the program that does not work. Should I request for refund or the update really gonna be there soon?

Edited by webjaros

Hey @webjaros

Sorry for the bad experience.

The same problem has been resolved few updates back. Could you update the app to the latest version and let us know if you're still encountering the same issue with the app? If the problem persists, please share the device OS version along with Enpass version.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Hey Garima, today I am still running into this issue. Could you guys please have another look. Running v6.8.2(1082) from the Mac Appstore.

It is really frustrating and renders the app useless. I cannot login to my accounts when copy paste doesn't work in apps outside of the browser.