Enpass Discussion Forum

Some fields are not captured correctly when saving new login form

kyddox

• 1 month later...

1Password do it correctly, this is why I returned to use 1Password, I like enpass more than all others and I like to support smaller companies, but 1Password is working perfectly for me and enpass has various bugs and missing functions, for example it cannot save additional fields and in Facebook it saves the info correctly but when filling it writes the info in the sign up section instead of sign in section. I hope enpass fix those issues soon because I really like it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kyddox said:

1Password do it correctly, this is why I returned to use 1Password, I like enpass more than all others and I like to support smaller companies, but 1Password is working perfectly for me and enpass has various bugs and missing functions, for example it cannot save additional fields and in Facebook it saves the info correctly but when filling it writes the info in the sign up section instead of sign in section. I hope enpass fix those issues soon because I really like it.

You are right Enpass can not handle it. RoboForm also saves all fields without errors. I also go back to RoboForm, though as for me Enpass look like better. And what is important is absolutely free (Desktop and Android)

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi @Rooco

On 3/25/2017 at 0:51 PM, Rooco said:

There is no way to save values for these fields.

https://websupport.wdc.com/smartware/customer/default.aspx

Thanks for reporting the issue and I apologize for the inconvenience. Enpass can detect and auto-fill only the Username/Email/ Password fields on a webpage, while all other fields would remain empty. For Auto-capture, extension requires both Username/Email and Password fields on a webpage. Since WD Support has only one field (Email), that's why Enpass doesn't show the auto-capture dialogue.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:27 PM, kyddox said:

On 3/25/2017 at 11:13 PM, Rooco said:

You are right Enpass can not handle it. RoboForm also saves all fields without errors. I also go back to RoboForm, though as for me Enpass look like better. And what is important is absolutely free (Desktop and Android)

@kyddox @Rooco

It's really sad to hear that you are leaving Enpass.  Currently the Enpass browser extensions provides the basic functionalities of 'Auto-filling' and 'Auto-capturing' as in last couple of months we were piled up adding feature like TOTP, Quick PIN for desktop, Auto-backups and support for adding attachments. Meanwhile we didn't get enough time to refurbish the extensions. But now I'm assuring you that the devs have pulled their socks up to refactor Enpass with lot of features including multiple vaults, and that would be the best time for the overhaul of browser extensions too with the 'Form filler' and many other advancements, and that will definitely enhance your browsing experience.

Since we have just started work on this planned update, it will take time to go live. Till then please bear with us. 

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.