Enpass Discussion Forum

Field References

EasilyAmused

Howdy. Long time user of KeePass and PasswordSafe here. I recently found Enpass and LOVE it! But there is one feature I am very much missing in Enpass.

Are there any plans to implement field references to enable central management of Single Sign-On / shared accounts? Similar to this perhaps? http://keepass.info/help/base/fieldrefs.html

Two usage examples from my old KeePass and PasswordSafe databases:

1. Microsoft Account

I have a "Microsoft Account" entry in an "Identities" folder which stores my Microsoft username and password. Then I have entries in my "Internet" folder for OneDrive, Outlook Webmail, and various SharePoint sites that set field references to the username and password fields in my "Microsoft Account" entry.

2. Server Management

At work I have an administrative account where the same username / password is used across multiple servers that I manage (SSH credentials for Linux and RDP/ADS for Windows). I have my administrative account credentials entered into the "Identities" folder. I again create a separate entry for each managed server where the username and password values are set to field references back to the username and password fields in the single entry in my "Identities" folder.

This feature lets me manage my accounts easily by updating the credentials once for items in the "Identities" folder. Then all other items that reference the credentials I just changed are automatically updated. Saves a great deal of time when changing passwords since I am not forced to search for and update all entries that share the same credentials.

Thanks again for the excellent software!

Hello @EasilyAmused,

Thanks a lot for loving Enpass and sharing your experience. 

Sharing of fields among various items is indeed a good feature and can really save a lot of time when you have to keep multiple items with same credentials like various Microsoft and Google services accounts or there could be various bank accounts having multiple debit cards but same login credentials.  We have noted it in our roadmap to introduce in any of future versions.

On 2/23/2017 at 10:16 PM, EasilyAmused said:

1. Microsoft Account

I have a "Microsoft Account" entry in an "Identities" folder which stores my Microsoft username and password. Then I have entries in my "Internet" folder for OneDrive, Outlook Webmail, and various SharePoint sites that set field references to the username and password fields in my "Microsoft Account" entry.

In fact, all they belong to same account, so for now in Enpass you can create a single item with multiple URL fields (one for each service), with a must-have field with login URL for autofilling i.e accounts.google.com for Google services as login to all their services is done through same page. 

Keep using Enpass with all your suggestions and feedback to help us in overall improvement of Enpass.

Cheers!

• Like 1