Enpass Discussion Forum

Installation corrupt, cannot login

Greg McGuffey

I have an installation of Enpass that appears to be corrupted. When I open the file, it prompts me for a password, but doesn't accept it. I know I'm providing the correct password (typed in text editor and pasted).  Upon further investigation:

• There is no Enpass folder under Documents
  • The registry entries for Enpass desktop look incomplete (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Sinew Software Systems) (I have this installed on several computers, so I could compare them).

I've uninstalled Enpass and re-installed multiple times. I tried 5.3 and 5.4.1. I uninstalled, then manually deleted the above registry key. I would have expected to see the wizard interface to get me setup, but instead is shows enter password page and won't accept any passwords...which kind of makes sense since there is no Enpass folder in documents, hence no data file and I see in registry that dropbox isn't setup at all, so it can't get to any data...but still prompting me for password.

How can I completely, cleanly uninstall Enpass so I get re-install it?

Thanks!

Hi @Greg McGuffey,

Sorry to hear about your trouble and I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to share that there is a known bug in Enpass uninstaller which doesn't clear Enpass settings from system Registry. This bug has been fixed and will be available in the upcoming updates. Meanwhile please follow these steps and let me know does your problem gets resolved?

• Quit Enpass completely even from the System tray.
  • Go to User Document Folder --> Select Enpass Folder --> Delete it.
  • Open Run command (Windows +R) --> Type regedit --> Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> SOFTWARE -->Sinew Software Systems --> Right click on it --> Delete It.
  • Now open Enpass.

Hope this helps!