Enpass Discussion Forum

Opera extension stopped working

Hi,

unfortunately Opera extension stopped working with desktop app version 5.2. I´ve tried to disable security verification of the browser, I´ve tried to reinstall browser externsion, I´ve tried to reinstal Enpass desktop app as well.

Still getting following error message in the Opera browser: 

Enpass Connection Error

Any advise please?

Thank You

Hi Guys,

I am sorry for the trouble you guys are facing. Since last Friday, some of the users have reported the issue. It seems there had been some update of OS or any software in your PC, which is blocking connection of browser extension to Enpass. Please help us in dignosing the issue by letting us know

1. If you have installed or updated and Browser extensions recently?

2. Which Antivirus or firewall are you using?

3. Have you installed any additional security software like Trusteer's Rapport etc, and is it get updated recently.

Don't worry guys, we're working on it and will fix it soon.

1. No new browser extensions installed. Allways used only 3: Adblock, Magic Youtube and Enpass

2. Eset Smart Security 2016

3. AdGuard Premium and some new browsers (Vivaldi)

4. Reinstalled Windows completeply (Full Wipe) - Now its working again.

I come from another post and have nearly the same setup as the others here in this post.
I tested on a Windows 10 and 7 Machine both with ESET Smart Security and it doesn't work in Chrome and any other Browser.

I'll do some VM testing and report back with some details.

EDIT: VM testing

Tested Enpass 5.2.0 on fresh Windows 10 without ESET Smart Security installed and it works in Chrome and Firefox.
With ESET installed nothing works at all. After removing ESET everything worked again.

Edited by goldpeter81
Added VM testing results
  • Like 1

Hi all, 

It is confirmed that after any of recent update, ESET is causing the issue by blocking connections to localhost (Enpass browser extension connects to Enpass on loopback address 127.0.0.1 via WebSocket). Thanks @indikator for finding the workaround by adding an exclusion for localhost

ESET Advanced Settings -> Web and e-Mail -> Protocol filtering -> "excluded IP-addresses" -> add 127.0.0.1

Cheers!

• 3 months later...
On 5/11/2016 at 6:48 AM, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi all, 

It is confirmed that after any of recent update, ESET is causing the issue by blocking connections to localhost (Enpass browser extension connects to Enpass on loopback address 127.0.0.1 via WebSocket). Thanks @indikator for finding the workaround by adding an exclusion for localhost

ESET Advanced Settings -> Web and e-Mail -> Protocol filtering -> "excluded IP-addresses" -> add 127.0.0.1

Cheers!

So if you dont have ESET what then?

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 (Anniversary update)
Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 m (64-bit)

Hello,

I am still getting the error below. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Enpass Connection Error

Please start Enpass desktop app and make sure you have checked "Enable Browser Extension" in Enpass Preferences, before using Enpass Browser Extension.

I am using Windows 10 64-bit (en_windows_10_enterprise_version_1511_x64_dvd_7224901) with the latest Enpass software. Latest Firefox 32-bit and 64-bit and Chrome 32-bit browser software with the Enpass browser extensions installed.

Just to be sure I installed a fresh VM with Windows 10 (en_windows_10_enterprise_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9054264) and the latest Chrome 32-bit browser. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Thanks.

Rebooting, reinstalling Windows / Enpass / browsers / extensions. Nothing helps.

BTW

The VM is a fresh install with only Windows 10, Enpass, Chrome and the Enpass extension installed. No anti virus software, nothing.

Edited by kraades

Hi @kraades,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would like to let you know, in order to use Enpass Browser extension, the main app must be running in background. The reason is that being an offline password manager, Enpass saves all your database locally on your device not on any server. Whenever you visit a login page and click Enpass browser extension for auto-filling, then the extension securely connects with Enpass app to fetch and auto-fill the details. For more details please have a look at our user manual link.

You can also make Enpass app running in the background by Enabling the option 'Minimize app to system tray' in Enpass General settings. For more details please have a look at user manual link.