Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync over iCloud not working.

snow-white

I am trying out Enpass with view to moving from 1Password

(why? while 1P say they have not done it yet, it seems 1P is moving to a service where device sync is on their servers only, and a monthly account fee will be required rather than a 'per major revision' license model...so I suspect if Enpass can get this right then there may be lots of new clients to be had.)

Anyway, for the test I have:

iPhone 5 running iOS 10.2.1 and Macbook Pro running running macOS 10.12.3

On the MacBook I have Enpass 5.4.1 (74) and on the iPhone Enpass 5.4.5

I have created a database on Enpass on the Mac with only 2 logins. These logins function OK. I have set the Mac to sync to iCloud. This appears to have occurred OK. I can see into the iCloud Drive and there is an Enpass file there as it should be.

On the iPhone I attempt to "restore my exiting data"and choose iCloud. It asks for my Apple password with I provide. I get the message "incorrect password or invalid file"

I have turned off sync on the Mac, deleted the Enpass file from iCloud and started again. The Mac creates a new Enpass file in iCloud ok, but when I go the the iPhone I again get the same error message i.e.: "incorrect password or invalid file" ... I have tried several times, I am definitely using the correct password. I have completely shutdown the iPhone and tried again. Same result.

I know there are other options but I like iCloud and would prefer to use that service.

Really looking forward to your response. Thanks in advance.

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi @snow-white

Many thanks for showing interest in Enpass and I welcome you on board.

20 hours ago, snow-white said:

On the iPhone I attempt to "restore my exiting data"and choose iCloud. It asks for my Apple password with I provide. I get the message "incorrect password or invalid file"

As you had mentioned, that while restoring your Enpass file on your iPhone you are prompted to enter a password. Here, Enpass asks you to enter the Master Password of Enpass data which you created on your Mac (not your Apple password). So try again and enter the Master Password and it should work.