Enpass Discussion Forum

Adding passwords to newly created folder

drjbg

it seems as if the only way to populate a newly created folder is to add a new item to an existing category and add the data there, then drag and drop that data to your newly created folder (or copy and paste it).  The problem is that the new item and its data in the "hardwired" category remain behind in the category. 

I just want to be able to create a new folder, name it, and add data to it.  Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by drjbg

Hi @drjbg,

Thanks for writing in. I would like to share that when you create any item it will be saved in All items and it's  categories respectively. And when you move items to a particular folder, Enpass will generate a reference of that particular item in the folder leaving the item in the category. BTW, you can hide the unwanted categories from the Sidebar using Menu->View->Sidebar.

20 hours ago, drjbg said:

I just want to be able to create a new folder, name it, and add data to it.  Am I doing something wrong?

To do so, select the folder in which you want to add the new item (or you can even create a new folder and then select it) and now try to add the item. It will add automatically to the selected folder.

Hope this helps!