Enpass Discussion Forum

Export from Enpass

quidproquo

I can't determine how to export my data from Enpass.  I am able to get into my data from the Windows version by inputting my PIN.  When I try to use it on my Windows phone, it asks for my master password which I don't recall - so I just want to export the data and start a new account so I can use a new master password on the Windows phone version.

Please advise procedures to export from Windows desktop version so I can import into a new install.

Hi @quidproquo 

Sorry to hear about your trouble. First of all, I would like to share that exporting data is currently possible only through our traditional desktop versions. They are available for Windows, Mac and Linux and can be downloaded from our website.

On 4/3/2017 at 9:24 AM, quidproquo said:

I am able to get into my data from the Windows version by inputting my PIN.  When I try to use it on my Windows phone, it asks for my master password which I don't recall

As you mentioned, can you use your PIN to access your Enpass database? Well, in this case, the only way to recover your Enpass items is to manually share each item either via Mail or Message from your mobile device. Download Enpass on a desktop device, create a new keychain and manually add each shared item one by one.  And make sure after recovering all the data to Enpass, you delete the data from mail or iMessage to avoid any data breach.

I know it's a bit tedious, but it's the only way to recover your database.