Enpass Discussion Forum

Segfault when enabling browser extensions with Gnome 3

Yavuz

Hi,

I'm getting a segfault with Argentos (Arch Linux) with Gnome 3. Enpass is installed through the AUR package enpass-bin.

Also the menu's aren't drawn correctly, I can navigate through the menu's with my keyboard but it's not shown on screen.

If I run it from console I get:

$ /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh 
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QPasswordEdit "", which already has a layout
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
Segmentatiefout (geheugendump gemaakt)

journalctl -l gives:
https://hastebin.com/raw/nuhucadado

I had exactly the same with Apricity OS (also Arch Linux based with Gnome 3). When I install Argentos with KDE everything works OK with the same AUR package.

Tested some more:
- Tried the Portable version, menus work OK, I can enable Browser Extensions fine. Unfortunately my browser extension complains that the Enpass version is too old.
- Stopped the program. Updated the configuration file by hand (~/.config/Sinew Software Systems/Enpass-Desktop.conf) and enabled the browser extensions by setting "EXTENSIONENABLED=true". After starting the program I tried my browser extension, it crashed the main app with a segfault.

WORKAROUND:

- Installed 5.4.1. Menus still not working as expected. However, after enabling the browser extensions manually by updating the configuration file the browser extension seems to work fine.

Please help me find a real solution.

For anyone having the same problems: I have found another workaround. The menus work fine if I move the Enpass application to a secondary screen, and I can enable anything I want on that screen. Will send additional information to Enpass support, hopefully they will fix this soon.