Enpass Discussion Forum

Cannot upgrade from 5 to 6

Having real difficulty loading the .walletx backup file that Enpass creates when you make a backup of your files. 

I'm trying to move my data seamlessly from Enpass V5, to Enpass V6. I have already tried to do this once via .CVS, but found that the import actually lost a lot of the important information within the data! So I'm trying it again from an old TimeMachine entry of my previous V5 Enpass, where my data still is. 

What is the way to load a .walletx file? I have tried making a new 'Vault' through settings and loading it there... but it keeps saying 'Invalid File'!

Please can someone help?

Thanks!

Lauren

@qnetso There is presently a bug in Enpass v6.2. A temporary workaround is to rename the downloaded *.walletx file to walletx.db. On a fresh Enpassv6.2 installation, click on ''Restore from Enpass v5'' and then select the folder location where walletx.db file is present. 

The above will allow you to restore v5 data in v6.2. 

Thanks.

Hi;

this workaround does not work. I'm trying to use the Microsoft Store version of enpass, it does not have an option "Restore from Enpass v5", there's only "from this PC -> Backup file"

When I select that and point it to my old v5 enpass file (be it renamed to walletx.db or not) I get "Invalid File".

C'mon guys, migrating from previous version to current versions should be a non-issue, right!?

I also have the same problem; I was happily using Enpass  v5 on both my windows 10 computer and windows 10 phone. But as everyone knows M$ has decided to abandon Windows Phone for good and now I'm trying to use it on my new iphone 11 pro max synced with my win10 computer. However there's only enpass v6 now and no matter what I do I can't update my old v5 data to v6. When I try to do that on my PC, using Enpass v6 (store version) it says 'invalid file'.

Another thing: Tell your IT department it's blocking people from posting to your forums saying they're behind a "dangerous" network. That's definetely not my case (I have a public static ipv4) and I have to connect using mobile to post here

It sounds like you've proceeded past/through "first run" of Enpass 6, where you're prompted to set up as a new user, or restore from cloud or this PC (local). Try*:

1. Quit Enpass.
  2. Move aside (rename) any .Enpass or Enpass folders in your Documents folder.
  3. Open Enpass. You should see "first run" options to create a new user/database or restore. Scroll down (if needed) and select the option for Enpass 5 Data Folder under From this PC. Browse to and select the folder containing your Enpass v5 walletx.db.
  4. Click to import.

*Works for me; YMMV.

Edited by Monyker

That doesn't work. I uninstalled enpass altogether, checked whether I had any "Enpass" or ".Enpass" folder on documents and I don't. I'm sending attached what I get right after I start enpass for the very first time after being installed. I'm installing from Microsoft Store.

image.png.6fbadd9a98250942353d68d98f8f7d40.png

There's no "Enpass 5 data folder"; there's only "Backup File". If I click there I'm presented with the following screen:

image.png.0c53b205e650aeead210d05ae415a070.png

And if I select my file and click "continue" I get the following:

image.png.4a29349f35965fb41a935df5105dd9ad.png

I have renamed my file to walletx.db.

Really people, developers, someone there inside Enpass has to take a look at this, it is completely unacceptable I can't upgrade my v5 file to v6.

I'm a computer engineer, in case you need some sort of test / help / dumps / log / coding / whatever please just reach out. I need this fixed ASAP, not having Enpass on my phone (because I can't restore this v5 file and there's only v6 on apple store) is being really troublesome for me.

Just a side-note: I'm still getting "Forbidden, dangerous network" when I try to post here. I have to disconnect from my network and post using mobile broadband. There's nothing dangerous *at all* about my network, it an optical fiber connection and I have a public static ipv4 connection. Just sending a pic attached of this as well:

image.png.ade9f00d8e5f8a0b74afc13039f0a382.png

Side-note 2: I had to wait overnight to post this here, because it was telling me "Forbidden: too many requests, please wait a few minutes".

Seriously, people of Enpass, get you sh*t together. This is getting beyond unacceptable.

Thank you,

cicao

6 hours ago, Cicero Junior said:

I'm installing from Microsoft Store...There's no "Enpass 5 data folder"; there's only "Backup File".

Ah. It wasn't clear from the OP's post or your first post that you're installing from the Store. Try downloading/installing the traditional Win32 edition; link is at the bottom of the downloads page. The traditional Win32 edition has a restore from "Enpass 5 Data Folder" option during first run. If you don't see the first run "I am a New User" and restore options, and you're prompted for a master password, you'll need to quit Enpass, move aside (rename) your Enpass data folder and try again. After you import your Enpass 5 data, you can take a backup, then restore the backup in the Store edition of Enpass. Or you could configure cloud sync in the traditional Win32 edition, sync up, then do the same in the Store edition to sync back down.

Edited by Monyker

Hello.

Also same issue here. I can't upgrade from Enpass v5 to Enpass v6. 

On 10/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, Kashish said:

@qnetso There is presently a bug in Enpass v6.2. A temporary workaround is to rename the downloaded *.walletx file to walletx.db. On a fresh Enpassv6.2 installation, click on ''Restore from Enpass v5'' and then select the folder location where walletx.db file is present. 

This workaround doesn't work. When I select that and point it to the Enpass 5 file I get "Invalid File". Someone there inside Enpass has to take a look at this. I can't upgrade my v5 file to v6. 

Please help us!

On 10/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, Kashish said:

Same issue here. 

It's still a bug in Enpass v6.2 (Microsoft Store/Traditional Win32 edition). No workaround work. 

Edited by IT'ler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...