Enpass Discussion Forum

Master Password & 3 finger prints don't work to unlock

Job48

iPhone 6s Plus.  Evaluating Enpass.  Only have 6 logins to remember.  Needed to access one earlier today.  Everything worked as it should.  Later in the day needed to repeat.  This time, None of my 3 finger prints worked, nor did the master password.  So now I can't get to my passwords.  Please help.  

Hi @Job48

That shouldn't happen. Can you please share some more details so that we can take a closer look and assist you in a better way:

• Which iOS and Enpass version are you using?
  • Are you using Enpass on any other device from where you can access your database?
  • Have you enabled any cloud sync with Enpass or manually taken a backup of your database?
  • Does touch id work for other apps?

Kindly do not uninstall Enpass from your device as being an offline password manager Enpass saves all your database locally only on device and uninstalling the app may cause data loss.

ios 10.2.1.  enpass is whatever version was on the apple store shelf 10 weeks ago.  I don't know how to tell the version because I can't get into the software.

Not using enpass on any other devices.  

No cloud sync that I remember, nor have I taken any backup

touch id works to unlock the phone, so the feature is working fine on the phone itself.  Enpass is just locked.  

@Job48

Thanks for sharing the information. If you believe you know your Master Password, but it isn’t accepted, then try these simple steps:

• Make sure you’re entering lowercase, uppercase letters and symbols correctly.
  • If you have recently changed your Master Password then try with the both old and new password.
  • Type your password in a text editor, so you can see and make sure that the password is being typed correctly. Then copy and paste it into Enpass.
  • If you use multiple languages, make sure you’re using the correct keyboard layout when you type your Master Password.

If the issue still remains, then to get a more clear picture about the issue kindly let us know:

• In which language are you using Enpass?
  • Does your Master password contain any Non-English or language specific characters?
  • Does the Fingerprint option appear on Enpass login screen?

When entering the master password, I did it one character at a time, and checked to ensure what I wanted was entered.  ABSOLUTELY no doubt the master password has been entered correctly.

No recent change of Master Password.  

No multiple languages.  English only.  

Master password contains lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers and special characters

Fingerprint works EVERY TIME i want to use the phone and it's locked.  

I used to use fingerprint to unlock enpass.  

I have thought of trying to uninstall enpass and reinstall.  Will this wipe out my saved passwords?  What about attempting to install enpass again?

GETTING URGENT to get this issue resolved.

• 5 months later...