Enpass Discussion Forum

Browser Extension does not open

macracer

The Safari Extension (Safari Version 9.1 (11601.5.17.1)) does not open; Sometimes only while Enpass is started it has any function, without not. I can push the button but nothing happens. When I start the user account it works, a few minutes later not any more. The bowser extension in preferences is activated.

Mac OS 10.11.4 El Capitan

• 2 months later...

Hi @macracer,

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  I am afraid to say that I didn't get it clearly.

On 12 May 2016 at 2:44 PM, macracer said:

When I start the user account it works,

What do you mean by this? Does it mean that are you using multiple user accounts in your system and you are login with them at the same time and Enpass is being nasty then? 

• 4 months later...

It´s only one Macbook Pro with more than one user logged in at the same time: Yes. 

The button in safari has no function. Wether at the first account nor at the other.

I´ll try to log out one and try it again.

Sorry that I haven´t read and answered till now.

YES! Thats it! Can´t we use Enpass twice? And can´t we use the Safari-extension without having Enpass started?

Edited by macracer

Hi @macracer,

We have fixed this issue (multiple users login account problem) in current beta version of Enpass and will be available very soon with the next release. You can get and try out the Beta version as mentioned in the posts below: 

On 01/12/2016 at 4:39 AM, macracer said:

And can´t we use the Safari-extension without having Enpass started?

I would like to let you know, in order to use Enpass Browser extension, the main app must be running in background. The reason is that being an offline password manager, Enpass saves all your database locally on your device not on any server. Whenever you visit a login page and click Enpass browser extension for auto-filling, then the extension securely connects with Enpass app to fetch and auto-fill the details. For more details please have a look at our user manual link.

You can also start Enpass automatically with every system start by Enabling the option "open automatically at login" in Enpass General Settings. For more details please have a look at user manual link.

Cheers!