Enpass Discussion Forum

Chrome Error Message

Hello Yogesh,

Thanks for the swift answer.

The Chrome extension is working when the desktop vesrion is also started. When I stop the desktop version then the Chrome extension gives the error message.

I use Enpass extension for Chrome V 5.2.1, Windows 10, Chrome 50.0.2661.94 m, Avast, Windows firewall/

Br,

Jo

22 hours ago, dascaio said:

Hello Yogesh,

Thanks for the swift answer.

The Chrome extension is working when the desktop vesrion is also started. When I stop the desktop version then the Chrome extension gives the error message.

I use Enpass extension for Chrome V 5.2.1, Windows 10, Chrome 50.0.2661.94 m, Avast, Windows firewall/

Br,

Jo

That's normal. The browser extension make only the connection to Enpass (Desktop version).

You need to have running the desktop version in the background. 

Here a tip for you:

Open Enpass desktop setting and check that Enpass should add a icon into the system tray. Also check that Enpass should autostart. Now you don't get the error, because Enpass is running always until you quit it in the system tray icon. With these options  you can close the Enpass window by clicking on the "X" and it will still run in the background.

Good morning,

Thanks for the answer

My installed version is 5.2.0, language French.

I did an other test. I desinstalled Enpass from my computer and I resinstalled again from your site. The problem remains, the parameters options I get are not the same as yours.

It's annoying. I intend to claim my money back because I bought the Ios version.

BR,

Jo

• 3 months later...

So I have the desktop app installed on my Win 7 PC and the Chrome extension installed in my browser.  Do I have to open the desktop app before I can get the browser extension to show my passwords?  If I close the desktop app and try to use the browser extension it says it can't connect.  Do I have to leave the desktop app open?