Enpass Discussion Forum

Custom logos and templates

Flohe91220

• 1 month later...

Custom templates would make Enpass perfect -- with the added ability to share my custom templates with clients.  Especially if these custom templates allowed sample data to be placed in fields as needed.

I've installed dozens of copies of your program on client computers (and encouraged as many to purchase the mobile version as well).  In teaching clients the virtues of using a password database for powerful passwords (instead of the dog's name plus zip code, which they always forget anyway), I have already painstakingly created about 20 custom templates - new blank entries in a "TEMPLATES" folder, complete with instructions - which I add to each new install.

Being able to export / import a customized set of templates each time I install would be a massive timesaver, and I believe would spur sales of your mobile versions as my clients find your program more user-friendly with custom templates available directly from the "+" menu!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

+1

This would make Enpass perfect for me. The added support for attachments already made it feature complete for me (i am switching from 1password), but also having nice optical features (and not slowly forcing its users into its own cloud sync) would add the cream on top of it all. 

On 4/28/2016 at 8:50 AM, Hemant Kumar said:

Adding attachments and custom templates are in our priority list and will work on them as soon as we release Portable version( Cross-platform), Improved password generator on all platforms, Autofill on Android using notifications and improved Enpass keyboard, improved UWP with TOTP and one surprise feature for you. You can expect Beta versions of specified features in May itself and after their final release, we will work on Attachments and custom templates.

Meanwhile instead of custom templates, you can take help of Duplicate feature to create copies of your customized items.;)

This was the last official reply that I can find on this, almost a year ago. It would sure be nice to allow the community to help by supplying icons you may need, in the format needed. Then you could just apply new ones as they come in with future releases and updates. Or have an online repository that is checked, or whatever makes sense. Another option would be to make all the logo images white, and allow the back ground color to be changed, so that if you have multiple Twitter or Wordpress logins, as examples, you could visually and more easily differentiate between them. So, hopefully, there will be an update to this request. At least let us know where it is in the stream of things.

I'm sure I'm not alone in offering my assistance in helping to bring this to fruition.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Inasmuch as fields and existing templates are so tailorable already, I can't see the need for more templates. Perhaps my imagination is puny. More custom item icons would certainly be nice: it would help us, more than folders, get a mental map of our item types. (E.g., we're currently using the red circle with white cross for "medical" items such as doctors and the blue human with glasses for "medical references".) 

Another nicety is something I've described in another post: the ability to mark a field as a "subtitle". In all my items, I've moved the URL field to the top. Appropriately on iOS, this displays as a "subtitle" (the line under the item description) when items are listed. On MacOS, though, the Username is consistently treated as a "subtitle" no matter its field position in the item: unpredictable behavior.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Hemant Kumar,

When can we expect this feature? The feature is requested more than a year ago and still not here. I am running Enpass quite some time and also invested in the paid apps for iOS/Android for the sync, would be nice if you guys also add features asked by the (paying) community.

Hello @DaLass

We can understand how eagerly you must have been waiting for custom icons now and I really appreciate your patience. We really take every feature request very seriously and are working on it along with a huge list of other features, and for that we are rewriting the Enpass on all the platforms for Enpass 6. It is an immense task to do and will take some more time but we assure you that you gonna like and praise it a lot. 

Thanks for your understanding!!

• Thanks 1

On 13-11-2017 at 1:54 PM, Hemant Kumar said:

Hello @DaLass

We can understand how eagerly you must have been waiting for custom icons now and I really appreciate your patience. We really take every feature request very seriously and are working on it along with a huge list of other features, and for that we are rewriting the Enpass on all the platforms for Enpass 6. It is an immense task to do and will take some more time but we assure you that you gonna like and praise it a lot. 

Thanks for your understanding!!

Do you have an E.T.A. for the Enpass 6 version? And also very important: I already paid for several platforms, is the update free, or do we need to buy it again?

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

On 20/11/2017 at 9:18 AM, TeaLynnM said:

Do  you guys have an estimated time as to when we will either get now icons OR have the ability to choose icon color, or upload favicon from url OR upload our own??? When can we be expecting this?

19 hours ago, DaLass said:

Do you have an E.T.A. for the Enpass 6 version?

Enpass 6 is still in the development phase and I can't assure you of any ETA, not yet.

19 hours ago, DaLass said:

And also very important: I already paid for several platforms, is the update free, or do we need to buy it again?

You don't need to worry about that, it'd be a free update for our users.:)

Cheers!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm new to Enpass witch I use on macOS, iOS and windows, and I would really like to have the possibility to set my own logos by importing my own icons/logos (ico, icns, png...) for my entries and for the folder because for those, there is so little choices... see in the screenshot

5ac1cb7249df2_Capturedcran2018-04-0208_18_43.png.bbeba5744fe1e84ef95d02adbcadfd6a.png.

I would really appreciate to be able to change the logos :)

I hope the new version will be available soon, and a free upgrade from 5.x.

Thanks in advance 

Miles

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RaviRK said:

This is a 2 year old request and all I can see is a standard response that this is part of a major release. 2 years and no release - major or minor?

This is worrisome for a new user like me. There are no updates........

This is exactly what I thought... 

I really hope there will be a major update soon... (and that it will be free as I purchased recently the iOS version...)

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

6 hours ago, RaviRK said:

This is a 2 year old request and all I can see is a standard response that this is part of a major release. 2 years and no release - major or minor?

We've constantly updated the Enpass since we are taking the feature requests on forums. This thread was just started at the very early stages of talk about next major release, and no development work was actually started then. We are now in the final stages of development and hoping to roll out the beta soon.:)   

We really appreciate your patience and support so far, and we assure you that you will like Enpass' new avatar. 

Cheers!