Enpass Discussion Forum

PIN Code not working

jakejohn

Adding a security PIN code does not work, and does nothing.

Menu = Tools\Settings\Security\Pin Code

• Click Pin Code check mark.
  • Enter PIN.
  • Click OK.
  • Application returns to Settings/Security screen.
  • There is no check mark in Pin Code box.
  • Application behavior does not change, and does not behave like it uses a pin code.

Enpass v5.5.2

Hi @jakejohn 

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please share some more information so that we can take a closer look and check on this.

• Have you observed the same problem of settings being not preserved with any other settings in Enpass?
  • Which Windows version are you using?
  • Are any changes in Enpass data being saved? Like marking/unmarking favorites, creating new items?
  • Are you using Enpass as a same user, who installed it in PC? Might me an issue related to permissions required to save changes on File system. 

Thanks for your co-operation!

• Have you observed the same problem of settings being not preserved with any other settings in Enpass?

Favorites are not saving.

I just noticed the Security setting "Lock when system gets locked" is not saving too.

• Which Windows version are you using?

Windows 7 x64

• Are any changes in Enpass data being saved? Like marking/unmarking favorites, creating new items?

Favorites are not saving.

New Items are not being saved.

• Are you using Enpass as a same user, who installed it in PC? Might me an issue related to permissions required to save changes on File system. 

Yes, same user.

There is no indication from Enpass settings/data not saved.  This actually might be the bigger problem.

Thank you.

Hi @jakejohn 

Thanks for writing back and sharing the details. 

Please try these steps and let me know if your problem still persists.

• Go to User Document Folder --> Open Enpass Folder --> Select walletx.db file --> Right-click on it and select Properties --> And check the Read-only option is enabled? if yes, please disable it and then try to set PIN in Enpass. 

5902e227e79d6_upload(1).png.9628d9e19cbd6515a7dcb97095953360.png

Also, please update the latest version(5.5.3) of Enpass.

Hope this helps!