Enpass Discussion Forum

Passwort Audit "OLD" improvments

edenhaus

Hi,

I think the Passwort Audit is a nice feature, but I have some ideas to improve it.

The weak and the duplicate feature is nice, also for example if  you import all your new passworts. As I have some assworts, which I can't change it will remaind me that these are weak.

But the old feature we can improve in my opion. As I have for each entry a random unique passwort, I will not change them every month. I have more then 200 entries.

• So it would be great if we can disable only the old feature (not the whole password audit, as we can do it now) or better would be, if we can change the time. For example which passwort is older then 3, 6 and 9 months.
  • Next I store a certain amount of different WLAN-passwords in the category "Computer", which are also showed in the old field. First I can't change and next I don't want to change my WLAN's so often. So it would be great if we can specify, if on the entries of a catogory will done the password audit or not.

Cheers,

edenhaus

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

To me it seems that this is a good feature to have, but I wouldn't want to look at anything unless it is older than 1-2 years. I started to question if the guys at Enpass thought about whether or not they will include some sort of password watch service where you can be notified if any providers (where you have accounts) have been breached, if the breach has been fixed, and recommend that you change the password.

22 hours ago, kevin.purcell said:

To me it seems that this is a good feature to have, but I wouldn't want to look at anything unless it is older than 1-2 years. I started to question if the guys at Enpass thought about whether or not they will include some sort of password watch service where you can be notified if any providers (where you have accounts) have been breached, if the breach has been fixed, and recommend that you change the password.

I would be of course a nice feature, but I think it's very hard to implement, because how you want to check if the provider was hacked or not. I think you must check on security website, which provider was hacked.

As I have written above it would be perfect, that you can specify the time peroid. Because for me 1-2 years is to long and risky

• 8 months later...
On 5/26/2016 at 1:42 PM, edenhaus said:

I would be of course a nice feature, but I think it's very hard to implement, because how you want to check if the provider was hacked or not. I think you must check on security website, which provider was hacked.

As I have written above it would be perfect, that you can specify the time peroid. Because for me 1-2 years is to long and risky

1Password has such a feature (it's called Watch Tower). So, it's possible. ;)

Edited by Programie