Enpass Discussion Forum

Monthly fees

keskeseksa

Previous password vaults were useful to me until they started to charge a monthly fee to use their product.

This is particularly unfair to small users, we are not huge companies with hundreds of passwords to keep track so the monthly fee is not justified. 

Are you charging a monthly fee? Will you charge a monthly fee in the future? If no, I am ready to buy your app. 

• Like 1

Talk about dramatic foreshadowing!  :D

Is this the post that led to today's announcement of the new subscription model? I'm already an Enpass Pro user/purchaser, so I'm glad that we'll be grandfathered in to keep using Enpass (and I hope that includes any upgrades?  - that wasn't specified in the announcement). It looks like current users who want to avoid a subscription model have a window to become Pro users for a one-time payment until the subscription model is implemented.  Again, the post is unclear as to when that will occur, but the post states: 

If you’re a trial user and haven’t purchased Enpass as yet, it is a good time to go for it. All purchases done before the transition to subscription will be eligible for activation of Enpass Pro subscription.

Time to get it and keep it if you want it...

Thanks to the Enpass team for honouring those of us who have supported and purchased this fine password manager...  Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

Good luck. Their keyboard shortcuts suck and their desktop apps suck as well.  They don’t have an always on mini app like Enpass or 1Password 

I will not pay monthly fees for just shortcuts that I never use, and the browser app works as well as Enpass... (Enpass autofill on android sucks btw)

Monthly fees are only justified for SaaS.

Edited by Avogadro
  • Like 2

I don't see how that changes my criticism.

-You can be sure that pro version will not work for Enpass 7 or will be outated in 2 years, without one-time update possibility.

-the android app inside or outside the browser, does not work very well for autofill as I said. (Plus, Dashlane works well outside the browser btw)

• Like 1

First of all I think monthly fees are a completely wrong way of paying for software. Although I really like Enpass very much, I guess they will break their word concerning "grandfathering" the users that payed for Enpass. For me it is clear that Sinew Software Systems and all other software companies have to earn money. But subscription has a much to high risk for the customers.

• What if the Software Company stops to exist?
  • What if I am happy with the software as is?
  • What if I have to use a software in a closed environment?

What could be a solution? Maintenance! Buy The Software and pay for Updates eg. You Buy Enpass for All Plattform for let's say 60 $. All updates for eg. 12 are included. If you want to have ne features buy maintenance for a further year or say no, it's ok as it is and do not pay...

• Like 2

That is the point. I want to decide as a customer if and when to buy a new version (for example with new features).

Subscription models hinder the development of the software. The developers do not have to win the customers again. You can see that in Adobe & Co. - since there subscription models were introduced, the software is only managed. Innovations take place elsewhere.

Even though I now get a free lifelong access, I can not recommend Enpass anymore. What will it cost in the future?

At least $ 1 a month - probably more. Future customers pay in one year, which had to be paid once.

Before I discovered Enpass, I used 1Password for 10 years - and bought three new versions - also for my family. That cost a total of $ 150.

With the new subscription model I would pay in this time $ 360 or even $ 600 (for a family account).

And it's "only" a password safe. A relatively manageable piece of software.

I have dozens of other programs on the smartphone and PC.

If everyone wants $ 5 a month, that's more than $ 1,000 a year.

Subscription models are money robbers.

Dear Enpass Team, I would prefer that I have no free, lifelong access and instead Enpass would have a one-time purchase - even though you would have to pay more for new versions.

You break your word!

See it here - still on your website:

enpass-fail.jpg

Edited by Fabian1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Avogadro said:

It's better than nothing, but it's very expensive for what it is. The price has increased by 350% !

Think about it. You get pro on all devices so if you are using it on ios, mac os, windows And Android (maybe not at one time, but in the future), you only have to buy once and save money.

Edited by Ayakashi

12 minutes ago, Avogadro said:

If I wanted the Pro version on Android + Windows (which offers almost no advantage) it would have cost me only $23 so it's still a 135% increase!

Unless you can't count or blind, It's obviously more money than before...

I can count very well, believe me.. 

Unless you can't read, i said if you want it on Android, Windows, IOS and MacOS you have to pay less now.. 

I am a Pro user (I bought the one time payment) and understand that you are changing for a monthly fee version and that I will be able to keep my Pro version, and on all my platforms, which is Mac and Linux for me.

but I just wanted to make sure I will also get the upgrades free...

I already bought some other password apps before but never paid for the subscriptions, except for a while when I wanted to synch my passwords between all my equipment. But not anymore because I am retired and don’t need to... ;-)

what I like with your app is that I can keep them local or use my own Cloud, which I had for many years and still have. That’s what made me try it and buy it after that. But I wouldn’t have done it with a monthly or yearly fee. 

so as I mentioned, as long as I can keep what I originally paid for, I’ll be ok...

if you want it on Android, Windows, IOS and MacOS you have to pay less now.

I would be curious to see the percentage of users here who use Android, Windows, IOS and MacOS at the same time and who want pro version for all of them.
3% ? Let's say 5% max? Is that a marketing department's joke?

And here another joke: Before, pro version for Android + Windows + IOS + MacOS  cost a total of $48.(you can also add Linux too, as Premium features on Linux were free).  It's still less money than now, and I'm starting to believe that you really can't count.

Edited by Avogadro

Buy Now.....Pay Forever.

$54 annual subscription???? Are you joking? That costs over twice as much as my VPN.  Your software code has become static with little or no new features.
How can you justify a 350% price increase in the absence of innovation and improvements?  You were damn lucky to get $12.  Best of luck.

40 minutes ago, Ottomatic said:

Buy Now.....Pay Forever.

$54 annual subscription???? Are you joking? That costs over twice as much as my VPN.  Your software code has become static with little or no new features.
How can you justify a 350% price increase in the absence of innovation and improvements?  You were damn lucky to get $12.  Best of luck.

Someone teach this guy text comprehension skills. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ottomatic said:

You were damn lucky to get $12.  Best of luck.

In fact, in 2017 I even paid my first android purchase at $4.99 ;-)

However, the $54 is the new price for the one-time purchase. If you only want one year of use (1 year of updates included) it costs $17.99 with the subscription plan.(exactly like a SaaS, except that Enpass is not a SaaS....)

Edited by Avogadro