Enpass Discussion Forum

Browser extension not working in Linux

edolnx

I've installed Enpass on Arch Linux from the community AUR:https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/enpass-bin

I'm also using Firefox in Arch Linux, and when attempting to launch Enpass from either the toolbar or the context menu on a form I just get a new tab that says "Enpass connection error". The browser extension is enabled in enpass settings, and I can see Enpass listening on 127.0.0.1:10391

I have two different systems, both are using Arch Linux with the KDE Plasma desktop. Both exhibit the same problems. Everything works fine on Windows machines. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

You don't even have iptables? There are dependencies check in Arch for enpass, right? It's up to developers to comment here because I have no knowledge how exactly browser extension works, but sound like some component missing since it's Arch and you could've miss it!? I know they ship own libs with Enpass, but not all. Sorry, no other ideas :(

Hi @edolnx

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I would like to share that Enpass browser extension communicates to the Enpass app over the localhost address. So please check and verify that any third-party application is not interfering the localhost connections (127.0.0.1) and make sure you have "lsof" installed on your system.

Also, please run the below command in terminal and share the output.

• lsof -i:10391

Where 10391 is a port number.

If there is no output (blank), please try with other port numbers between 10391 to 10395.

Thanks for your co-operation!

Greetings @Anshu kumar -

Here is the output you requested:

endeavour :: ~ » lsof -i:10391
COMMAND   PID    USER   FD   TYPE   DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
firefox  8020 caperry  117u  IPv4 54786093      0t0  TCP localhost.localdomain:57006->localhost.localdomain:10391 (ESTABLISHED)
Enpass  12153 caperry   18u  IPv4  7207955      0t0  TCP localhost.localdomain:10391 (LISTEN)
Enpass  12153 caperry   30u  IPv4 54779412      0t0  TCP localhost.localdomain:10391->localhost.localdomain:57006 (ESTABLISHED)
endeavour :: ~ » 

Let me know what else you need. Thanks!