Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Connection Error

I've read the previous thread about this topic, but I am still encountering issues on OSX. Every time I attempt to use the Chrome extension I am directed to a new tab. Have tried turning off all extensions but Enpass, reinstalling the extension, reinstalling the Desktop client. 

Stats:

macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Chrome Version 59.0.3071.29 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

Enpass 5.4.2

Extensions / Network Add-Ons:

Disconnect.me

uBlock Origin

Private Internet Access

Thanks!

It's not working for me either all of a sudden. It has been working for a couple months, suddenly it just dies. Is this app not reliable or what?

Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.3

Chrome Version 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)

Not sure what Enpass version since it doesn't clearly state it, but it's the latest one on the App Store. I just updated it to make sure [Problem happened before I just updated it right now. I updated it to see if it would fix it].

Same here, to make it work again I had to go into "Preferences -> Browser" on Enpass, and uncheck "Verify browsers".

Apparently this only happens on Chrome (tried to reinstall it on stable, beta and canary, but no luck), I got no issues on Safari or Firefox.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 19.09.57.png

Edited by Dom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dom said:

Same here, to make it work again I had to go into "Preferences -> Browser" on Enpass, and uncheck "Verify browsers".

Apparently this only happens on Chrome (tried to reinstall it on stable, beta and canary, but no luck), I got no issues on Safari or Firefox.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 19.09.57.png

This worked for me. Thank you Dom.

Enpass developers should take note that an app like Enpass CANNOT fail. It is like a banking app. If your bank app fails do you trust it ever again? My passwords are on Enpass. What am I supposed to do if they all get deleted or something? Because if this can happen, I'm sure they can get deleted also. I mean, you just never know.

Using Chrome 58.0.3029.96 (64bit)

With Enpass browser extension 5.4.2

With 5.5.3

When I enable Verify Browser Option - enpass won't launch from inside the browser, I've seen this happen when the browser requires an update (like after a update was downloaded but before the update was applied)

1 hour ago, Allen Strand said:

Dom et all,

it seems like Chrome signature keys are no longer recognized by enpass.  I had to also turn this setting off to make it work.   Hopefully enpass development team will tell us when this will work again.

This worked for me as well.

I had already tried disabling the verify browsers setting before I completely uninstalled Enpass, the enpass extension and Chrome.

The same here.

macOS 10.12.4; Chrome 58.0.3029.96; Enpass 5.5.3 (85); Browser Extension 5.4.2.

I don't feel secure in using Enpass, if the browser is not checked. Otherwise a password manager without working secure browser extension is not very userfriendly, to say the least!

Please fix this.

Same issue.

macOS 10.12.4; Chrome  58.0.3029.96; Enpass 5.5.3 (86); Browser extension  5.4.2

I have paid version and I expect this issue to be solved asap or I'll request refund, this is one of the main things why I bought in the first place.

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and I apologize for the inconvenience. This is because Google has recently changed its signing certificate for the Chrome browser, due to which Enpass fails to verify the code signature and throws Enpass connection error. We are working on it and a fix will be rolled out very soon. Till then I request you to please bear with us.

Same behavoir here... Broken since this morning (Monday), was working on Friday, no reboot or closing of Enpass or Chrome over the weekend....

Chrome 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit)

Enpass 5.5.3 (86)

Enpass Password Manager (Chrome Extension) 5.4.2

macOS Sierra 10.12.4

However it works with Safari, took me a while to try the verify browser hook because of this...