Enpass Discussion Forum

Dropbox update broke Enpass

Adam DZ

Hi,

No, reconnecting doesn't work. Dropbox page says Authorization is finished and it redirects to Enpass app and nothing happens, Enpass app just sits there spinning. I restarted the computer. BTW, this is is happening only on one of my computers, my Mac at work. My Mac and PC at home don't have this problem. Thank you.

Hi @Adam DZ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please let us know your Device OS and Enpass version.

Meanwhile you can try the workaround while setting up sync. When you get the 'Authorization Finished' message in your browser, copy the url from browser and open up the Enpass app. It will be a manual redirection from browser to app.

Thanks.

Hi

18 hours ago, Ankur Gupta said:

Hi @Adam DZ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please let us know your Device OS and Enpass version.

Meanwhile you can try the workaround while setting up sync. When you get the 'Authorization Finished' message in your browser, copy the url from browser and open up the Enpass app. It will be a manual redirection from browser to app.

Thanks.

I'm not sure I understand. This doesn't work as Enpass app is already opened when web browser window opens and copying the URL doesn't do anything.

It's Mac OS 10.13.6

Enpass app is 6.3.0 (574) - I just updated yesterday but this started happening before the update.

Thank you.

Edited by Adam DZ

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with a similar setup.  Enpass 6.3.2, Macbook Pro running 10.13.  Dropboxx goes through expected steps to set up syncing with Dropbox untill it gets to Redirecting back to the Enpass appand it starts a never ending spinning ball.  If this has been fixed I haven't found the answer yet -would appreciate someone pointing me to the solution.

Hey @Adam DZ,

Thanks for sharing the version info. If there's a network firewall configured at your workplace, Enpass wouldn't communicate with the Dropbox servers, and hence you won't be able to set up sync. To setup Dropbox sync, you'll have to ask the administrator to allow network access to Dropbox.

Thanks.

Hi @thestook,

Thanks for writing in.

We need some details so that we can investigate what could be the reason for the issue.  Please share the following details at support@enpass.io 

• Sync error code or message you are getting.
  • Device and OS versions of all the devices are you using.
  • Does the issue occur on a particular device or all devices?

Thanks!