Enpass Discussion Forum

Concern about the free Pro upgrade

Myna

Some time ago (12 may 2016) I bought a "lifetime" version for Android in Google Play, later on (30 december 2018) premium features  for Windows client in the Windows Store (for "lifetime" of course), and after the last update I only have the Lite version with only 25 entries on Android :( Like anyone who was buy nothing :( Shame on you!

Edited by dw72

So, support got back to me and recommended that I try to "Restore my purchases" from the settings menu under the account item. The problem is that there is no such "Restore purchases" option there.  I went to the Android Play store and found that they have released another patch for the application.  I applied the patch and it looks like I am a registered user again.  It looks like I have access to all of my entries.

Support got back to me saying it was a glitch. 

I had bought enpass on Mac, iPad, Blackberry and Android. And all mobile devices had the 25 item limit. 

An update was just pushed to my Pixel and all is good now. 

Glitch or bad decision, they seemed to have fixed it. 

I also bought this via the Windows Store, but when I clicked that I am already registered, it said that my email email address wasn't found. :(
So, I selected the other option to register with my email address.

How do I know if I have the Pro version?
If I go to Help > About, it doesn't show anything.
The process is a bit confusing for people who have already purchased.

Edit: I found where it shows Pro. Go to Settings and click on Account: Email Address.

Edited by Dypsis

Todays Android build fixed the issue (previous problem: even thou beeing pro it limited to lite), thank you Enpass Team.

Info: I got my Enpass Android Pro version during 2016, when there was a free onboarding time.

Edited by temp

I received email reply from support yesterday (24h after the issue on my side).

They advised to update Enpass again from the AppStore.

It worked perfectly !

Conclusion : it is not possible to roll out perfect software / bug free... So when you have such a support available, I'm very satisfied.

If someone asks me : "does Enpass is a 'value for money' buying ?", my answer will be : "For sure ! Both on the technical content / features side, as well as on the support side".

Good job guys !

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi @Pien,

To restore the purchase, please follow the below-given steps.

1. Please use the same App store email ID to download the app with which you had purchased the app.
2. Once downloaded, please enter the email ID you wish to link the Enpass subscription/purchase.
3. In the settings of the app, Open Enpass --> Click on ‘Settings’ --> Click on ‘Trial user/Account:_____ (1st option of the settings)' ---> Tap on 'Restore Purchase’ given on bottom of the app → Done

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

I'm having this same issue. It's infuriating. So much for Enpass being my password manager of choice. I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for my password manager. No thanks. I purchased Enpass years ago, and now i'm having issues "restoring" purchase. So my vault with 200 passwords got limited to 25. I had to downgrade the app back to the version I was using before this. What is this BS... I want to pay once. No subscriptions. No thanks. Does anyone know if under this new structure there's an option to make a one-time purchase for full functionality? I wouldn't even mind paying (once) again, despite having done so years ago. But I don't want a recurring payment.

Hi @Previously Satisfied User,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. However, please do not worry as your earlier purchase is safe and we'll help you restore it.

Please share your purchase receipt and the device details where you're trying to restore your earlier purchae with us on support@enpass.io so we can help you better.

Thanks for co-operation.

My android is showing Pro but the Desktop Linux is showing Lite.  How can I fix this?  both accounts are registered with the same email 

Edit:  It is now working.  There appears to be a glitch so that you must add the email to the Pro account first (In my case the android one) but because I did it to the Desktop account first that is what caused the problem so then I took the email out of the desktop one and then added it again and after that it works. 

Hopefully Enpass devs can patch that glitch and add a button or link in settings that "refreshes" the status (ie:  checks the email against the database to see if it is connected to a pro subscription).  I mean a button that user can press it and then it will refresh  

Edited by Gwen Prill

Hey @Gwen Prill,

15 hours ago, Gwen Prill said:

My android is showing Pro but the Desktop Linux is showing Lite

Glad to know you could restore your purchase on Linux device.

15 hours ago, Gwen Prill said:

There appears to be a glitch so that you must add the email to the Pro account first

To restore purchase across devices, users first need to register/link the purchase with an email address on that particular device where the purchase is made. The purchase restores successfully on using the same registration email on other devices.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...

Hi @earl.grey,

Thanks for writing your concerns, we’re here to clarify on the latest release.

As promised, the existing Pro users will continue to enjoy all the Pro features without any additional cost. We will keep on polishing the app with new updates. Furthermore, we will continue to add more Pro features in future at no extra cost. One of them includes Wi-Fi sync.

There are certain features that require us to put in recurrent effort in terms of manpower and financial resources to keep the service updated. We would have liked to offer these services free of cost to Pro users, but unfortunately we cannot cover the cost from one-time pro licenses. That is why we have chosen to keep Breach Monitoring as part of our Premium services. If you want to use these Premium features, then only you have to pay, or you can continue to enjoy all the Pro features without any additional cost.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Hey @dissatisfied customer & @farfraaway & @neolidas

Last year, while launching a new subscription model, we ensured that Pro users do not have to pay again for subscriptions and rather enabled them to use their Pro license across all their devices. So, you never have to pay for Pro features you have already purchased, and we will continue to add more Pro-features without any additional cost. One of those Pro-features would be sync over WiFi.

However, with premium features, we are providing Breach Monitoring and 2FA supported features, which requires us to put in recurrent effort in the workforce and financial resources to keep the service updated. We would have liked to offer these services free of cost to Pro users, but unfortunately, we cannot cover the cost from one-time pro licenses.

Thanks for understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 7:14 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @dissatisfied customer & @farfraaway & @neolidas

Last year, while launching a new subscription model, we ensured that Pro users do not have to pay again for subscriptions and rather enabled them to use their Pro license across all their devices. So, you never have to pay for Pro features you have already purchased, and we will continue to add more Pro-features without any additional cost. One of those Pro-features would be sync over WiFi.

However, with premium features, we are providing Breach Monitoring and 2FA supported features, which requires us to put in recurrent effort in the workforce and financial resources to keep the service updated. We would have liked to offer these services free of cost to Pro users, but unfortunately, we cannot cover the cost from one-time pro licenses.

Thanks for understanding.

You removed the audit feature. 

• 2 weeks later...

all customers are right and you at enpass know that. This new data breach feature is much too expensive. You can get it for free by other services! How can we get rid of the permanent banner asking us to pay again for our license? I do not want to see it every 10th time I open enpass as it makes me angry every time!