Enpass Discussion Forum

Edit mode from browser plugin

Peter_b

Hi,

I just migrated from 1password. You are just like 1Password was years ago, please do not start to kill features like 1password did over the years.

OK so what we need is to able to edit an Entry directl from the browser plugin. The reason is coming from 1password it generated a lot of old passwords and they are all shown in enpass and it is hard to get rid of the old invald entries like it is now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

+1 to this. Related to this, if I'm using the browser ext, and I type in some text to filter the list. I might decide then the entry shown needs editing. The only way to do this is to go to the system tray, open the full Enpass app. Then, that app has no idea what I was showing in the browser so I have to type in the filter text again to find the relevant entry. Finally I can edit it.

Adding some shortcut to this process would be welcome.

Garima, sorry but that's not the same thing. Yes I already have that set and yes I can save new entries. No doubt if I submit a page where I have updated the details to what is in Enpass, it will prompt to save the new details. But we really want a direct link to editing the details stored in Enpass.

• 9 months later...

hello garima,

thanks for forwarding the suggestion. did you get any feedback? will it be implemented?
enpass is really great, but every time i have to update, correct or delete an entry, i really miss this feature. no in-place editing needed. only an "edit in enpass" menu entry.

thanks,
oskar

Edited by oaks

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried 6.6.0.  You have indeed added an ability to edit the item directly in the browser, but although that looks useful, there should still be an option to open the full editor.

So in the browser when you view an entry, which shows as a dialog box, there is now a pencil icon which makes the fields in that dialog box editable. The first time I tried this I thought, I really should make this entry a Favorite. So I hit edit. There I can edit the fields but there is no Favorite star I can click. If I could just launch the full editor, I would have that option. The full editor would also be useful sometimes as the dialog box is rather small.

So what you have added is great for some edits. Just add another button to open the full editor. I would suggest that when I click the pencil in the dialog to go into edit mode, beside the word Save, add another pencil or similar to switch from dialog editing to the full editor.

Edited by ddken