Enpass Discussion Forum

Synchronizing loop with iCloud - solved

Philobedo

I've the same problem: Windows 10 with Enpass 6.3.1 (582): Sync with iCloud starts (flashing icloud sync icon) but never finds an end :-(

I've resetted and restored a backup, nothing helps. Sync on all other devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad) works fine.

Hope you can help soon.

Nils

How the issue was resolved on my Mac:

I closed Enpass, then completely disabled all network connections. When I started Engpass again, the spinning "sync" had stopped.

Then I reconfigured the vault/iCloud settings. After the next restart with enabled network connections it worked.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:34 AM, waw said:

How the issue was resolved on my Mac:

I closed Enpass, then completely disabled all network connections. When I started Engpass again, the spinning "sync" had stopped.

Then I reconfigured the vault/iCloud settings. After the next restart with enabled network connections it worked.

don't work for me

On 12/5/2019 at 11:13 AM, Philobedo said:

Would be nice. Do you still have the 6.3.0 installer? Can't find it anywhere... :(

Hi Philobedo,

Don't you make Time Machine backup? I restored using Time Machine.

Right today I had the sync problem again. This time, I went to my vault settings -> Disconnect. Then I closed Enpass and reopened it. Then I connected the vault and it worked.

I hope Sinew will solve this repeating problem on macOS and also my advice could help you

Edited by Chmimps

On 12/4/2019 at 7:23 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

We are already aware of this issue and our Dev team is working on it. Hopefully, fix will be available soon. Till then, we will request you to please co-operate with us.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Hello,

I'm running out of patience, here! I can't work like this, how long will it take to fix this terrible Bug?

- Bernhard

When can an update be expected? I use Enpass on an iPhone, a Mac and 2 Windows 10 computers. Without synchronization the software is unusable. And I thought changing from 1Password to Enpass was a good idea. I'm just here because of the subscription model from 1Password to Enpass. And now subscription model at Enpass and Sync does not work anymore. :(

Windows 10 on MS surface, just says 'Syncing' never times out. Have to quit the app, then it needs to re-authenticate with iCloud. I complete this but it never finishes, just a grey screen with a swirling circle.

Feels like i'm the circle at the moment...something so simple seems to have constant sync issues.

I use Enpass instead of 1Password since a few weeks. All went fine, synchronizing between iMacs, MacBooks, iOS-Devices. But since a few days, the iMac Pro Enpass is in a synchronizing loop with iCloud - Unknown User - Synchronizing... -Loop-Icon

If I change/add items to Enpass, there is no synchronization. 

How can I stop and reestablish synchronizing settings? Has anyone this behavior, too?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-11 um 13.38.57.png

Edit: This worked for me: 

Edited by Richar0d

The primary vault syncs perfectly with iCloud. The second vault is set up to sync with a different iCloud account. But it keeps on syncing and never comes to an end. I was asked to log on to the other iCloud account via https://cdn.apple-cloudkit.com but then in Enpass it says: 'iCloud Unknown user, syncing...'. But that's it. It is not syncing.

I would highly appreciate if anyone has any idea that helps.

Thanks.

Stefan

On 12/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, boogie said:

same problem here.

1. I restarted enpass.

2. go to sync and disconnected the syncservice right bevor it starts

3. reconnect the sync

4. and it works again

I have the same problem on 2 Win10 systems: This doesn't work for me.
Even after an reinstallation of the software the sync doesn't come to an end.
The sync on iPhone and iPad with the same vault has no problems.

21 hours ago, Kashish said:

Hi all,

A fix for the iCloud sync issue has been released in the latest Enpass version 6.3.2 for Windows and Mac. Please update Enpass app on desktop to the latest version and confirm.

Thanks.

I have your Mac App Store Version. Should I stay on it or move to your 6.3:2 version from your website ?  Thanks