Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill works improperly on some Apps in Android 7

Hi Team,

I already enabled AutoFill and I can use AutoFill with Android 6 (LG G5).

After I upgrade fresh Android7 then Autofill cannot shows in notification when I open app.

This is app I use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobile.acb.com.vn

Workaround: I select AutoFill of Lastpass then icon AutoFill of Enpass appear. With Android 6 I still installed Lastpass and Enpass and it works well on Android6

Device:

1. LG G5 Android 7

2. Enpass stable: 5.5.2

Hi @Binh Truong 

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

To autofill in any app, Enpass searches for package name of App in the URL field of items and that in reverse order; i.e. to fill in Facebook App with package name com.facebook.katana, Enpass searches for items matching URL katana.facebook.com or facebook.com, and shows the items available. If the matching item is not available, user has two option to make the items available for autofilling.

1. The easy way: Search for the item on autofill page displayed for app, and upon selecting the desired item, Enpass will prompt to add its package name as URL field in reverse order to make it available next time.
  2. Manually add the package name of App as URL field in the item in reverse order. So, in this case you have to manually create a URL field in the item with value of package name of ACB app i.e. vn.com.acb.mobile.

Hope this helps!

On 5/30/2017 at 5:19 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @Binh Truong 

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

To autofill in any app, Enpass searches for package name of App in the URL field of items and that in reverse order; i.e. to fill in Facebook App with package name com.facebook.katana, Enpass searches for items matching URL katana.facebook.com or facebook.com, and shows the items available. If the matching item is not available, user has two option to make the items available for autofilling.

1. The easy way: Search for the item on autofill page displayed for app, and upon selecting the desired item, Enpass will prompt to add its package name as URL field in reverse order to make it available next time.
  2. Manually add the package name of App as URL field in the item in reverse order. So, in this case you have to manually create a URL field in the item with value of package name of ACB app i.e. vn.com.acb.mobile.

Hope this helps!

I know that feature but I hit another case.

When I launch some application with lgoin from them Enpass does not show Enpass icon Notification so I cannot use AutoFill.

My workaround: Pull down notification then refocus again into login form (user name or password) then Enpass icon appear and I can use Autofill.

• 1 year later...