Enpass Discussion Forum

Browser extensions stop working after computer is woken from suspend/sleep (Linux)

I have been using Enpass for a number of years now. However within the last few months (I can't pin it down more accurately than that, sorry), the browser extensions lose connection with Enpass after I suspend/sleep my computer.

When I first boot in, the browser extensions work fine. If my computer is suspended and then woken, I get the below connection error. This happens with both Firefox and Chromium. Enpass does correctly pop up when the browser extension tries to connect but then it's like it can't see Enpass at all and eventually times out.

I have tried restarting the browsers - no difference. Restarting Enpass - no difference. Restarting browser and Enpass doesn't work either. The only way I can get around it is by rebooting my computer (and making suspend pointless).

Both Enpass and the browser extensions are up to date.

I'm on Arch Linux (x86_64 Linux 5.3.13-arch1-1 kernel) with Deepin Desktop, Firefox 70.0.1 (and Chromium 78.0.3904.108).

image.png.1bc6ecd39e20c153a0a05b5c70906c33.png

Hey @Thorned Rose,

We tried reproducing this issue at our end. Here's a little activity for you: When the Enpass browser extension stops running, please execute the command lsof -i:10391 in the terminal and share the results. Whenever the extension's communication with Enpass app breaks, please enable logs under Enpass Advanced settings and share them at support@enpass.io.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, Kashish said:

Hey @Thorned Rose,

We tried reproducing this issue at our end. Here's a little activity for you: When the Enpass browser extension stops running, please execute the command lsof -i:10391 in the terminal and share the results. Whenever the extension's communication with Enpass app breaks, please enable logs under Enpass Advanced settings and share them at support@enpass.io.

Thanks.

Thanks @Kashish

I enabled logs, unfortunately they show very little. What I did to test was start with fresh run. Enpass and browsers work fine. Logging is enabled and I ran the command. I then suspended my computer and tried using the browser extensions. They of course failed. I then looked at the Enpass log again and ran the command again. (I tried this individually with Firefox and Chromium and both browsers at the same time, but the results from the command and log were the same, just merged together). Here are the results:

https://pastebin.com/1wT7XdHj
(Sorry had to make it external as every time I tried to post it was saying my post contained contact details)

As you can see from this screenshot, the Firefox and Chromium are listed in Browsers. I noted the "Browser extension failed" even though they worked fine. So I tried uninstalling the browser extensions, erased all Enpass data, uninstalled Enpass, rebooted, installed Enpass and went through setup and then installed the browser extensions and successfully authorised them. They worked fine. But upon suspending my computer, the same problem occurred. :(

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20191214103051.png