Enpass Discussion Forum

Synchronizing loop with iCloud - solved

Philobedo

Hi.

Strange problem for me here.

I have enpass for IOS filled with all my stuff. (it's by far my favorite password manager)

The same account on an old MacBook Pro and everything was synced perfectly. As that old MBP died, I received a new one today and configured everything.

When I Install enpass on my new computer, it can download from iCloud all datas but cannot upload any new stuff...

The cloud icon up left of the window keeps turning and saying "synchronising" but nothing happens...

I need to say that I'm an old user who bought the soft before it came to subscription mode and that I've been upgraded to a forever Enpass pro user.

I'd really like it to work like it used to.

I'm on Catalina, and 6.3.1 enpass version.

Any lead?

Edited by Philobedo

Same problem here. Just updated to 6.3.1, osx mojave. Actually, the sync process seems stucked, the icon spins around and I cannot even change the cloud service in the desktop app, The ios apps seem ok. Everything worked well before update. Please fix, asap.

Edited by lucesan

I'm experiencing this condition now after installing the latest Enpass release from the app store (6.3.1 (576) according to the About menu).

I tried closing and reopening Enpass and it prompted me to reauthenticate with iCloud (despite my having previously checked the "Stay logged in" option), but even after successful authentication, the synchronizing process just spins and spins and never completes. I'm experiencing this on two machines, a Mini and a Macbook Pro 15, both running 10.15.1. I'm able to browse my iCloud store to the Enpass directory without issue, so both computers are able to talk to iCloud successfully independent of Enpass.

Everything was working fine before I installed the most recent Enpass release, so I'm thinking the update must have broken something.

Hello Enpass-Team,

I'm having some trouble with the synchronization via iCloud since the latest release of Enpass Version 6.3.1 for Windows.
I use Enpass with my iPhone and with my Windows PC.
The iPhone is still able to synchronize the data via iCloud but on Windows (Windows 10) the synchronization won't finish no matter how long I wait.

Yes, I have a working internet connection and yes I continued the iCloud session.
It seems to me like a software problem.
Does anyone else face the same issue?
Can I do something?

Best regards!
Maximotus

Just chiming in even though enPass stated in a ticket to @bluefo they are aware of the issue.

I'm having the same issue on a new MacBook Pro for work, and while it successfully downloads all of the initial entries (over 700) it will never "complete" the first sync cycle, so its hung spinning (and cannot upload/download any new entries).

The MacBook Pro is not upgraded to Catalina yet (still on macOS Mojave 10.14.6)

enPass version: 6.3.1 (576)

Edited to add:

There seems to be little to no issues on other (already linked MacBook Pros and iPhones)

I say "little" because I did have a brief sync issue on my personal MacBook Pro, but it was resolved by disconnecting the iCloud sync and reconnecting it. Because the first "sync" cycle on the new MacBook Pro never completes, I do not have that same remedy option.

I too have tried re-installing (using the nuclear "Reset Enpass" option) to no avail. I thought the issue originally was because I didn't turn on "iCloud Drive" sync on my work MacBook Pro. I tried turning that on and "Reset Enpass" again and had the same issue. That's when I came here and saw others experiencing the same problem. At least I'm not alone.

Edited by BATeller
Fixed user link to bluefo / Added info

I am a heavy Enpass user with pro account. I recently moved my cloud storage from dropbox to iCloud.

Please see attached screenshot. After the movement my MacOS enpass app doesn't finish syncing with iCloud. It looks like all the content is downloaded from iCloud, but the spinner doesn't go away. At the same time Enpass on other devices like Ubuntu and on iPhone are working great with iCloud sync. I believe this is some minor issue that you could easily fix in newer version of Enpass.

Enpass version 6.3.1 (581)

Thanks,

Vij

421991566_ScreenShot2019-12-03at10_05_28AM.thumb.png.3dae9f914d63ac9d7171c12fd1256a39.png

Edited by Vij

I had this issue also. But I was able to solve it by reverting to 6.3.0 using Timemachine and syncing again. Sync worked with the 6.3.0 version. Then I downloaded the latest version from the AppStore (I didn’t see it in the update section but I searched for it as if I wanted to download a new application). I started Enpass again and tada... it synced correctly with the 6.3.1. I didn’t even have to reset Enpass or do whatever :D

Hope it’ll help

2 hours ago, Chmimps said:

I had this issue also. But I was able to solve it by reverting to 6.3.0 using Timemachine and syncing again. Sync worked with the 6.3.0 version. Then I downloaded the latest version from the AppStore (I didn’t see it in the update section but I searched for it as if I wanted to download a new application). I started Enpass again and tada... it synced correctly with the 6.3.1. I didn’t even have to reset Enpass or do whatever :D

Hope it’ll help

Would be nice. Do you still have the 6.3.0 installer? Can't find it anywhere... :(

It seems I solved completely unistalling the app with app delete end reinstalling it from app store. Do a backup of the vault before and reimport it form scratch. You'll need to reinsert the registration code if you are a pro user and reconfigure everything (including browser extentions), but then it will correctly sync with icloud. I think the update corrupted some pref files.

3 hours ago, lucesan said:

It seems I solved completely unistalling the app with app delete end reinstalling it from app store. Do a backup of the vault before and reimport it form scratch. You'll need to reinsert the registration code if you are a pro user and reconfigure everything (including browser extentions), but then it will correctly sync with icloud. I think the update corrupted some pref files.

I had to make a clean install on one of my macs. After that, the sync was not working anymore. So I saved my vault locally and after that, deleted the app and also the data on iCloud. After reinstalling the app from the appstore, I synced again to iCloud and it worked. The windows machine on the other hand still has the sync problem and I cannot find a way to bring it back to work properly. 

6 hours ago, Chmimps said:

Hope it’ll help

For the Mac machines it is possible to get the sync to work. I did not manage it on the windows machines.

I tried doing what others have said worked, without success.

Specifically:

1) Removed iCloud Sync from a Macbook that was still syncing correctly

2) Made backup on Macbook that couldn't sync.

3) Used the "Erase Everything" option on the Macbook that couldn't sync

4) Removed Enpass application from "Applications" (and removing from Trash)

5) Went to App Store and re-downloaded Enpass

6) Imported Backup file

7) Waited a bit, then tried to turn on iCloud Sync

Still sits on syncing for me on the Macbook that never worked.

• Like 1