Enpass Discussion Forum

No cloud sync on Linux

msirapian

Hi

I've just installed Enpass on my Debian box (Debian/sid), using the provided .deb. All works well, but when I head to the sync options, choosing any cloud provider won't open their credentials/login webpage. So I can't connect Enpass to any cloud on my PC :/

Any tips to solve this issue ?

thanks

Are you using KDE by any chance? I had the same issue on Arch Linux with KDE Plasma (which uses Qt), and they advised it's a Qt bug.

As a workaround, you can install a different desktop environment (one that doesn't use Qt), connect Enpass to the cloud and then go back to your preferred DE.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Enpass calls QDesktopServices.openUrl to launch cloud login page in default browser, which internally uses system utility xdg-open on Linux. It seems xdg-open is not configured properly on your systems. Try installing or reconfiguring xdg-utils from your distro repositories. Please do let us know if it works.

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your advice. However, xdg-utils seems to be well configured, xdg-open works perfectly when launched from a terminal.

I've tried Plonqor tip, and it worked perfectly. As a matter of fact, I'm using KDE, so I've just logged in using Gnome/metacity, linked Enpass to my cloud, logged out and back to KDE, it works great now.

Hmm... thats really weird.  The issue is certainly related to the default url launching program configuration otherwise it won't work in Gnome as well.  An update (with newer version of Qt framework) is just around the corner. I hope it will play well your KDE installation.

On 4/13/2016 at 5:53 AM, svepass said:

Confirm the same problem on kubuntu 15.10, plasma 5. Waiting for next update then. Perhaps up and running when next Ubuntu is out now soon.

Hi! Current version (5.0.5) of Enpass will not work in Kubuntu 16.04 if default browser is Firefox. I tried to change default browser to Opera and it works fine with Enpass URL opening. Quessing Opera is allmost same as is Google Chrome, so with Chrome Enpass may work too (not tried that and now I'm "in" Gnome). 

11 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi all,

Please try to run Enpass from Terminal with following command:

/opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh

Let us know what does logs on terminal says when Enpass tries to launch a browser .

Hi,
can't test just now with Kubuntu 16.04 because my SSD gone broken. With Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 Opera not open from Enpass Help -> Online Help.
Getting this to terminal:

raimo@kone-2:~$ /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QPasswordEdit "", which already has a layout
QSoundEffect(pulseaudio): pa_stream_write, error = Invalid argument
opera: /opt/Enpass/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.2' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4)
opera: /opt/Enpass/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.2' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4)

Every try to click Help -> Online Help gets new line, same as last 2 lines and Opera is not opening. 
If Firefox is default browser in Ubuntu 15.10 Gnome, Enpass works fine, no any messages to terminal about browser opening.

13 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi all,

Please try to run Enpass from Terminal with following command:

/opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh

Let us know what does logs on terminal says when Enpass tries to launch a browser .

Starting enpass on kubuntu 15.10

sandis01@sandis01-G10AJ:~$ /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QPasswordEdit "", which already has a layout

Then, Enpass trying to opening a browser (to sync dropbox):

kde-open5: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5KIOCore.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZNK11QMetaObject10Connection18isConnected_helperEv

Changing top Opera as default browser

org.kde.kwindowsystem: Could not find any platform plugin                                                                                                                                                             
/usr/bin/opera: /opt/Enpass/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.2' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4)  

Changing top Google Chrome stable as default browser: Solved !!! Now it works. Thank you for hinting on Opera (which I do like as a browser)

5 hours ago, svepass said:

Changing top Google Chrome stable as default browser: Solved !!! Now it works. Thank you for hinting on Opera (which I do like as a browser)

That's odd, I have this problem with Google Chrome stable (the kde-open5 error)

Edited by Plonqor

I have test it now with many browsers (Vivaldi, Opera, Firefox, Chrome) and I have this problems with all browsers on KDE Plasma 5.6.3 on ArchLinux 64bit.

It's not possible to open the sync-websites or the online-help in/with Enpass.

Now I'm back in Kubuntu 16.04 (Plasma 5.5.5)  and Enpass 5.2.0 URL-open works very well when system default broser is Firefox, Chrome or Opera.
Vivaldi not tested yet, but I will do it soon.

edit: Yes, Vivaldi goes fine too in my system, where Enpass is now updated from 5.0.5 to 5.2.0. 

Edited by raimo

Hello, I have same trouble.

But it all started yesterday after I updated Enpass through the  repository. I have now Enpass 5.2.1

Before the update the sync as worked perfect with my default browsers chrome, since day one I installed Enpass some month back. But after last nights update of Enpass the sync button was red. It all seem to work but here is what happen:

I click on sync to drive, it opens a tab in chrome plus shows this text (as it should be):

"You have been redirected to drive login page. Please login there and allow Enpass to synch with your drive account" 

At the authorizing page, I give Enpass  permission to sync with drive. Then it says on the page:

"Authorization Finished, Please continue with Enpass application."

I go back to Enpass where it says:

status Not able to connect to drive, Please check internet connectivity

Of course I have connection with the net, as I doing this post at the same time as well as other online related things. I did run the /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh this is what it show:

Ubuntu 15.10 (64-bit) Chrome 50.0.2661.94 (64-bit):

Ett nytt fönster skapades under den aktuella webbläsarsessionen.
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_CTX_new
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error
We got a connection error when networkLayerState is Unknown

Thanks in advanced for any help :)

Enpass 5.2.1 is failing to sync after running about 10 minutes.  I'm on Debian 8 stable / XFCE.  

Running Enpass from the command line starts up with the following notifications:

After about 10 minutes, the GUI shows the sync icon spinning, with the terminal running:

QIODevice::read (QDisabledNetworkReply): device not open

I hope this helps.

Edited by hirozed

3 hours ago, hirozed said:

Enpass 5.2.1 is failing to sync after running about 10 minutes.  I'm on Debian 8 stable / XFCE.  

Running Enpass from the command line starts up with the following notifications:

After about 10 minutes, the GUI shows the sync icon spinning, with the terminal running:

I hope this helps.

Hi @hirozed,

This issue has been fixed yesterday. Please update Enpass and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Cheers!