Enpass Discussion Forum

Not compatible with Wear OS?

mwt129

The Wear OS app being bundled with the phone app is how it worked prior to Wear OS 2.0, now watches have their own Play Store and install apps independently of a phone. They can also be installed via the web Play Store, as long as the app has a compatible Wear OS version. My problem is not that the install process fails, it's that I can't even start the install process because the Play Store is saying that there isn't a compatible Wear OS version when there definitely is. After reseting my watch I was able to install the AccuWeather app via the web Play Store, so the fact that I can't install Enpass on my watch that way is definitely a problem. 

Screenshot_20191224-111120-01.jpeg

13 hours ago, mwt129 said:

The Wear OS app being bundled with the phone app is how it worked prior to Wear OS 2.0, now watches have their own Play Store and install apps independently of a phone. They can also be installed via the web Play Store, as long as the app has a compatible Wear OS version.  

Wear OS 2.0 does not force this and if developer does not upload standalone APK to Play Store, leaving it bundled with phone's APK as before, it will still work like in Android Wear 1.x.

Enpass didn't upload standalone Wear OS APK, so you won't see it as compatible with the watch on the web Play Store and it won't let you install it there. The only way is to open Play Store on the watch and go to "app from phone" section, but as I said before, this doesn't work right now.