Enpass Discussion Forum

OSX Chrome Extension 5.5.3 Suddenly Stopped Working with Chrome 79.0.3945.88 (64-bit)

Bowjest

Hi Folks,

As of a few days ago the above has stopped working on my MacBook Pro (Yosemite 10.10.5)

Chrome Version:
Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Chrome Extension info:
Enpass Password Manager extension for Google Chrome

Enpass Version:

I receive the following error when trying to load file vault items using the above Chrome extension:
"Your file was not foundIt may have been moved or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND"

If I open the Enpass app itself, look up the desired file vault item, click on its URL (which then loads the page in Chrome) and then go back to the extension icon in my Chrome toolbar, it will typically show the the desired entry. I can then click on it, my login details are loaded and access to the account is granted.

If I just try loading an item from the Chrome extension first, I consistently get the above ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND message.

Everything was working fine up until a few days ago. I have not updated anything in months.

Please advise how I can get this working again.

Thanks,
Bowjest

Edited by Bowjest

• Bowjest changed the title to OSX Chrome Extension 5.5.3 Suddenly Stopped Working with Chrome 79.0.3945.88 (64-bit)

Extension error output now shows:

WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:10392/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:10393/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:10394/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:10395/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Any help would be appreciated.