Enpass Discussion Forum

New user - double-click for entry and no option to create new password in browser?

I've been using 1password for almost a decade but refuse to switch to version 7/x and thus have found myself trying out Enpass. So far it seems to check off all the marks but I'm confused by the browser integration and not sure if I'm missing something.

Using a Mac and both Safari and Firefox, I have found that entering a password requires me to click on the Enpass icon to the left of the address bar and then double-click the entry to have it auto-fill the username and password fields.

Is there no way to have Enpass show up in the username/password fields on the main page?

Is it possible to switch the behavior from double-click to single-click for the password entry?

Also, when I tried to register for the Enpass forum to post this, I found no way to create a new password on the fields provided on the signup page. The two lines for password did not offer any autofill or autocreate password options from Enpass (only the iCloud Keychain). I right-clicked and found an entry for Enpass but that opened up the mini browser again without a way to create a new password.

The only way I could create a password was to go to the main Enpass app, click + then created password. I tried autofilling at that point but it did nothing so had to copy/paste into the fields. Then I had competing popups for iCloud Keychain and Enpass to remember the entry. I clicked Save for iCloud first and the Enpass disappeared. It never saved the login details.

Greatly appreciate any help/advice in figuring out the browser integration and whether I am missing something.

Thanks!

Hey @billigan,

Thanks for joining in on the forums.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:30 AM, billigan said:

Is it possible to switch the behavior from double-click to single-click for the password entry?

Please note that this is a default behaviour for the desktops and can't be changed. Also, if you have only a single-item login associated with a particular URL, Enpass provides an option to directly fill the login details with the keyboard shortcut. To turn on the settings, open Enpass -> Browser -> Autofill login details without showing Enpass Assistant.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:30 AM, billigan said:

Also, when I tried to register for the Enpass forum to post this, I found no way to create a new password on the fields provided on the signup page. The two lines for password did not offer any autofill or autocreate password options from Enpass (only the iCloud Keychain). I right-clicked and found an entry for Enpass but that opened up the mini browser again without a way to create a new password

If you sign up on a desktop, you could use the browser extension's password generator to create and fill passwords in the password field. Once you submit the sign-up form, Enpass extension would prompt with an option to save the login details.

Thanks.