Enpass Discussion Forum

Suggestion: folder option for "saved new logins"

[Edit: I just realized that this might better be sorted into the Feature Requests forum. If so, feel free to move this topic there.]

Hello. I have been watching Enpass and its browser extension for quite some while, and I am finally planning to make the switch (from a combination of KeePass2 and the PasswordMaker browser extension). To do the latter part, the move from PasswordMaker, I will have to heavily rely on the auto-save feature, and I plan to record my logins over a number of days during the transition.

However, as of the current version (5.5.6), auto-saved logins are put into the most recently selected folder. Which means that I have to search for them afterwards and drag them out of a folder they practically never belong into.

What I would like to suggest is an option to

• select which folder auto-saved logins are added to, or
  • have auto-save put passwords into a generic "auto-saved logins" folder, or
  • put auto-saved logins into no folder at all (and only visible in "all items" -- quite inconvenient, but still better)

(in that order of preference, of course you're the programmer(s) and have to decide on practicality)

Frankly, anything would be better than putting auto-saved passwords into random folders just because that's where the cursor just happens to be.

Thank you so much in advance.

Edited by takimata
  • Like 1

Hi @takimata

Welcome to Enpass family!

Thank you so much for your suggestion and detailed explanation. It's very desirable feature to be added to Enpass. However, Enpass saves all the newly saved items (added through Enpass extension) in Login category and we will definitely give a thought for tagging the newly added items as Auto-saved, making them easy to recognize.

Cheers!

Hello Anshu,

thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tagging", I can't see a "tag" feature in Enpass (maybe I'm just thick, please correct me if I'm wrong). And I would hate to have my auto-saved logins permanently saved as a different type of entry, especially since it's not possible to convert/change an entry to a different type. My long-term goal is to have a clean database, not one that reflects the history of the entries.

Please consider my original solution over some sort of "tag" that is, ultimately, still sorted into the wrong folders.