Enpass Discussion Forum

Ability to REMOVE all tags from selected entries

AndyMac

Having imported some time ago, tags are there on some of my entries, but I don't use them any more - preferring to just use folders and search. As I have over 600 entries, checking and editing these one by one will take much too long. As you have the ability to Add Tags to the selected items, it would be great to also have the ability to DELETE ALL TAGS from the selected range. Ideal in my case, but also if reorganising a set of entries where you could then first delete all tags and then add the new tags to the selection top replace them.

Hey @AndyMac,

Thanks for sharing your concern on the forums.

If I've understood correctly, Enpass currently doesn't support option to delete multiple tags at once. You'll have to remove an individual tag separately. Please correct if I assumed your scenario wrong or if there's something that I missed.

Thanks.

It's more specifically that you can't clear tags from multiple items (cards). Don't mind clearing a few tags from an individual entry, but when you have 660+ items in Enpass many of which have tags (that you no longer use or want to change all at once) then this is to say the least tedious … select an entry, select Edit button, go down to tags (sometimes on some of my entries this means scrolling down a page or so), delete each tag that may have been used and then save it. So for 660 entries with an average of 1 tag in each (and say 5% needing scrolling one page), this is around 2650 clicks.