Enpass Discussion Forum

Templates and Categories in multiple vaults

mrgrammar

Categories

I added a category called Local to the primary vault.  The Local category shows up in the left sidebar.  However, in Vault2, the Local category does not show up in the sidebar or the category selection list when adding a new item even though the Local category is checked under Settings > Customize > Categories > Edit.  How do I make a category show up in the sidebar of all vaults and the list of add items categories in all vaults?

Templates

I created a custom template called LocalVenues in the Local category.  When I click Add > Select Primary Vault > Local Category, it appears in the Primary Vault.  How do I get this template to show up in other vaults?

Hey @mrgrammar,

Welcome to the forum!

15 hours ago, mrgrammar said:

I added a category called Local to the primary vault.  The Local category shows up in the left sidebar.  However, in Vault2, the Local category does not show up

It seems you created a new category and selected a specific vault (e.g Vault 1). Make sure you select all vaults when you create a new category. This will ensure that a custom category is visible across each vault. Similarly, whenever a new custom template will be added within the custom category, that particular template will be available while adding a new item in any vault.

Thanks.

I have the same problem with the categories:

1. Categories that I have created in the past are not displayed in a new multiple vault.

The checkbox in the category editing section is checked, but will not appear in the sidebar if only the new multiple vault is selected. I have created about 30 of my own categories and I would also like to use them in new Vaults. This is a real bug.

2. Entries that are moved / copied from one vault to another vault lose their category.

I have to drag the entries back into the right category individually. It is very tedious and unnecessary work. In addition, I cannot see which category an entry is assigned to anywhere. Where can I see which entries are not yet assigned to a category?

Why Enpass don't creates the category if it not exists in the vault, when the entry is copied / moved to this vault?

Please answer.

Edited by Fabian1

Yeah. Why can't we even duplicate categories and templates to other vaults. Everytime we make a new vault we need to recreate a category or template. What's the purpose of duplicating if we can't duplicate between vaults.

This has been asked before. No one replied.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi @OOge,

Apologies for the delay. But significant user demand is a big factor that determines our priorities for new features. Due to frequently requested features and catching up with newly released OS/Devices, the priority of this went low. I'm really sorry to say that at the moment I can't assure you an ETA for the same.

Thanks.