Enpass Discussion Forum

Browser Extensions don't work unless I enter my master password

I'm a new user for Enpass and so far I like it but I'm bothered with one issue:

Using the Windows 7 client software, I've set my unlock period for the maximum time that the program offers, 59 hours, since it's only me who use the computer anyway & I'm not worried too much by security.

The issue is that the Chrome & Firefox extensions don't work the first time I launch these browsers giving me error messages & informing me to check the option "Enable browser extensions" - which is already checked! and the only remedy for this issue is to open the main windows client and unlock it myself on a daily basis which is kinda inconvenient to do it on a daily basis and it makes the 59 hours i set previously pretty useless!

Hi @m.samuel

Welcome to Enpass family.

I would like to share that, in order to use Enpass Browser extension, the main app must be kept running in the background. The reason is that being an offline password manager, Enpass saves all your database locally on your device, not on any server. Whenever you visit a login page and click Enpass browser extension for auto-filling, then the extension securely connects with an Enpass app to fetch and auto-fill the details. For more details please have a look at our user manual link.

In this case, there is an option in Enpass settings to keep it running in the background by minimizing it to system tray. Also, you can set Enpass to autorun on system startup so that you don't have to manually start it every time the system starts.

Hope this helps!

I've just recently installed the Enpass Password Manager for Windows PC and the FIrefox browser extension.

I'm constantly getting the "Enpass Connection Error" when I'm trying to access the Firefox browser extension to create a password, it says that my "Enpass desktop app" has not started.

I'm only able to get the FIrefox browse extension working if I've started the Enpass desktop app.

Is this by design?  It feels kind of redundant...